- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped 5 Years Ago
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses 5 Years Ago
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart 5 Years Ago
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
- Taylor Swift has some thoughts on the end of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 12:14 PM
- Notre Dame, Georgia, and how to stream college football’s must-watch Week 4 Today 11:52 AM
- Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck charged with running drug house tied to fatal overdoses Today 11:45 AM
- Merriam-Webster recognizes use of singular ‘they’ for nonbinary people Today 11:39 AM
- VSCO dogs are here, and they’re just barely putting up with it Today 11:38 AM
On Monday, Entertainment Weekly revealed that Billy Dee Williams would be reprising his role as Lando Calrissian, the smooth-talking smuggler from the later two films, on the Jan. 19 episode of Rebels. Since Rebels precedes the original trilogy, Williams will be playing a slightly younger version of the famous smuggler who entrapped Han Solo and his friends on Cloud City in The Empire Strikes Back.
But just because he’s younger doesn’t mean that Lando, who hails from the “scoundrel school,” will be any less scheming than in his older years.
“He’s still working on all of his moves, all of his strategies,” executive producer Dave Filoni told EW.
Here’s a preview of the Jan. 19 episode, “Idiot’s Array,” which will feature a card game called sabacc, a dangerous smuggling run, and plenty of scheming.
Lando’s still got that charm—although whether the Rebels crew falls it is another question entirely.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.