- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Today 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Today 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Today 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Today 11:13 AM
- ‘I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson’ has an absurd conclusion for every scenario Today 10:52 AM
- Twitch star TF Blade banned for racial slur—but he swears he didn’t say it Today 10:43 AM
- Steve King says backlash to white nationalism comment was like what Jesus went through Today 10:23 AM
- Netflix movies are still eligible for Oscars, Academy rules Today 10:21 AM
- Sheriff’s deputy makes homophobic comments on Facebook after gay teen’s suicide Today 10:02 AM
- The Marvel movies you actually need to see before ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Today 9:10 AM
- Twitter launches new tool to combat misinformation about voting Today 8:44 AM
- These Cards Will Get You Drunk is the game with one very obvious purpose Today 8:20 AM
- Conservative guy’s Elizabeth Warren op-ed inspires ‘slap in the face’ meme Today 7:37 AM
- ‘Ask Dr. Ruth’ takes a crowd-pleasing look at her life and groundbreaking career Today 7:30 AM
- Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley’s ‘Chaos Walking’ is so bad it’s ‘unreleasable’ Today 7:01 AM
Should this guy’s Harrison Ford impressions earn him a place on the Han Solo shortlist?
Anthony Ingruber’s Harrison Ford impressions made him the Internet’s pick for young Han Solo.
The reported casting shortlist is a damp Wonderbread sandwich of actors like Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller, none of whom seem remotely plausible for the role. But on the Internet, a lot of people already have an ideal actor in mind to play the young Han Solo: a 25-year-old Canadian named Anthony Ingruber.
Ingruber is an actor in his own right, but his main claim to fame is his resemblance to Harrison Ford. He isn’t exactly a lookalike, but his impressions of Ford are fantastic—even in this YouTube video from 2008, when he was still a teenager.
Ingruber went on to play a young version of Harrison Ford’s character in the romance movie Age of Adaline last year, a performance where he appeared eerily similar to Ford without seeming like he was doing an outright impression.
For obvious reasons, fans began suggesting Ingruber for the Han Solo movie as soon as it was announced last year. There are even several pieces of fanart picturing him in the role, and Variety‘s Han Solo casting shortlist only helped to spur on hashtags like #IngruberForSolo.
As a relatively unknown actor, it’s no surprise that Ingruber’s name didn’t appear on the widely publicized list of possible Han Solos. But considering how unlikely that list actually is (Dave Franco, really?), maybe Disney should consider calling Ingruber in for an audition or two.
Screengrab via Anthony Ingruber/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.