- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
- ‘Chernobyl’ star Jared Harris is concerned about people taking Instagrams there Wednesday 12:18 PM
- Mattel’s BTS dolls are finally up for preorder Wednesday 12:14 PM
Should this guy’s Harrison Ford impressions earn him a place on the Han Solo shortlist?
Anthony Ingruber’s Harrison Ford impressions made him the Internet’s pick for young Han Solo.
The reported casting shortlist is a damp Wonderbread sandwich of actors like Ansel Elgort and Miles Teller, none of whom seem remotely plausible for the role. But on the Internet, a lot of people already have an ideal actor in mind to play the young Han Solo: a 25-year-old Canadian named Anthony Ingruber.
Ingruber is an actor in his own right, but his main claim to fame is his resemblance to Harrison Ford. He isn’t exactly a lookalike, but his impressions of Ford are fantastic—even in this YouTube video from 2008, when he was still a teenager.
Ingruber went on to play a young version of Harrison Ford’s character in the romance movie Age of Adaline last year, a performance where he appeared eerily similar to Ford without seeming like he was doing an outright impression.
For obvious reasons, fans began suggesting Ingruber for the Han Solo movie as soon as it was announced last year. There are even several pieces of fanart picturing him in the role, and Variety‘s Han Solo casting shortlist only helped to spur on hashtags like #IngruberForSolo.
As a relatively unknown actor, it’s no surprise that Ingruber’s name didn’t appear on the widely publicized list of possible Han Solos. But considering how unlikely that list actually is (Dave Franco, really?), maybe Disney should consider calling Ingruber in for an audition or two.
Screengrab via Anthony Ingruber/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor