- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
Meet Peggy’s pistol and her roommate in new ‘Agent Carter’ clip
Time for 500 fanfics about what it’s like to be Peggy Carter’s 1940s BFF.
We’ve already seen a sneak peak into Peggy Carter’s work as a spy, and now it’s time to learn a bit more about her home life.
Agent Carter‘s earlier trailers indicate the show will be a kind of 1940s espionage caper, while actress Hayley Atwell’s Twitter hints at plenty of badass stunts. One of the big differences between Agent Carter and something like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (aside from the whole 1940s thing, obviously) is that Peggy Carter still has to maintain a “normal” personal life. So while the superheroes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe don’t have to maintain secret identities, the everyday human Agent Carter can’t tell anyone about her double life as a spy.
With Carter working at the male-dominated Strategic Scientific Reserve (a precursor to S.H.I.E.L.D.), most of the show’s main female characters will come from the boarding house where she lives. This clip introduces us to Carter’s roommate, played by Ashley Hinshaw, who thinks Carter works for a telephone company.
We’re curious how long it will be before one of Carter’s friends inevitably gets suspicious about the pistol she’s hiding in her jewelry box—or why her supposedly harmless office job leads to so many weird injuries.
Photo via Marvel/Youtube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor