- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot 7 Years Ago
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos 7 Years Ago
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Today 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Today 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Today 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Today 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Today 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Today 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Today 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Today 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Today 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Today 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Today 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Today 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Today 12:54 PM
Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor does Reddit AMA
Reznor came to Reddit to answer questions about his new project, How to Destroy Angels.
Nine Inch Nails musician Trent Reznor once owned a Commodore 64 and feels that his wife is a better kisser than his fellow studio musicians.
These and other details were revealed when Reznor sat down to a Nov. 13 Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) session.
The singer/songwriter and composer was on the site to promote the new EP from How to Destroy Angels—a band featuring Reznor, his wife Mariqueen Maandig, producer Atticus Ross and graphic designer Rob Sheridan—and used the group’s official Twitter feed as proof of his identity on Reddit.
During the exchange, fans discussed everything from his music projects to his technological preferences.
Aside from destroy angel’s new EP, what’s next for you? (AmeliaLaChida)
“A number of things. Tweaking some things for the HTDA full LP (coming in Spring), helping Josh out on a new [Queens of the Stone Age] track, working with Roy, starting rehearsals for two bands.”
“Several ideas came up, including blowing up a building, actually incarcerating fans, and staging an appearance of the Presence in real life. Can’t win em all.”
Reznor’s single-word answer of “Poop” to redditor BarryMenilow’s criticism-laden post invoked awe from fellow redditors (and a trip to the bathroom for BarryMenilow).
Reznor also discussed his first encounters with technology, including the instrument that kicked off his career in music.
Photo via Burns!/Flickr
Mike Fenn is a former contributor to the Daily Dot whose beats included Reddit, YouTube, and all things WTF. His work has also appeared in Forbes and News.com.au.