- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 6 Years Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 6 Years Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
How a parody news site brought Rob Ford and Charlie Sheen together
Sheen made the mistake that many make when reading an article on a website like the Onion: He took it as fact.
Ford has been in the news almost daily since he admitted to smoking crack at the beginning of November. He’s also admitted to purchasing illegal drugs and driving under the influence, denied allegations of infidelity, and apologized for his actions and using crude language. But he’s refused to resign.
The article, published Wednesday in the Daily Currant, said that Sheen, who has had problems with drugs in the past, told a reporter from the Montreal paper La Presse that Ford needed help.
However, Sheen made the mistake that many make when reading an article on a website like the Onion: He took it as fact.
dear Mayor Rob Ford,
the only truth or correct reporting in today’s
repulsive story regarding
my alleged comments about you,
is the accurate spelling of your great city.
your personal life is and never would be,
any of my business.
I’m sorry for any grief this may have caused.
if I can be of any assistance
in any capacity in this
please accept the noble offer of my steady
hand and compassionate heart.
Unlike Sinead O’Connor’s open letters, which were full of tough-love advice, Sheen sounds understanding and sincere. However, some people couldn’t help but see the irony:
When you’re the Mayor of a major city and Charlie Sheen offers you a “steady hand” you may ask yourself if you ought to resign.
— wise_kaplan (@wise_kaplan) November 14, 2013
I was just thinking this whole Rob Ford psycho circus is worse than Charlie Sheen’s meltdown… Then came this gem. pic.twitter.com/AkdB9EMIN0
— David K (@SpacemanSpiffNL) November 14, 2013
Photo via ellasportfolio/Flickr
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.