- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
We just crash landed at LGA. I’m terrified. Please…
— Jaime Primak (@JaimePrimak) March 5, 2015
The McDonnell Douglas MD-88 twin-engine jet that crash-landed was Delta Airlines 1086, inbound from Atlanta.
The New York City Fire Department reported that the plane had suffered a fuel leak.
QNS 2-ALARM 93-01 GRAND CENTRAL PKWY N, (LAGUARDIA AIRPORT) PLANE SKIDDED OFF RUNWAY / FUEL LEAK,
— FDNY (@FDNY) March 5, 2015
Fire trucks were seen approaching the crash site as of approximately 11:30am ET.
One of the passengers on the flight posted this Instagram video in which she can be heard saying, “I just survived this. Thank you, New York, for having such shitty weather.”
A video posted by vee.forvanessa (@vee.forvanessa) on
New York Giants player Larry Donnell, who was on the flight, posted a video with the caption, “Look at this shit! Knew I shoulda stayed my ass at home.”
A video posted by Larry Donnell (@the_don84_) on
Although there have been no reports of serious injuries, photographs taken from the other side of the crashed plane indicate just how close Delta 1086 came to a much more disastrous fate.
Even passengers not onboard who were hoping for a smooth day of travel are out of luck, as LaGuardia will be closed for most of the day.
Update 12:32pm CT, March 5: Added two photos.
Screengrab via _veeestchic_/Instagram
Eric Geller is a politics reporter who focuses on cybersecurity, surveillance, encryption, and privacy. A former staff writer at the Daily Dot, Geller joined Politico in June 2016, where he's focused on policymaking at the White House, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the Commerce Department.