- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ 4 Years Ago
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Today 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the NBA Dunk Contest 2019 online for free Saturday 6:50 AM
- The best new TV shows to stream this weekend Saturday 6:00 AM
Just after breaking her silence on the celebgate attacks, Lawrence falls victim again.
No sooner did Jennifer Lawrence break her silence on Celebgate than she was attacked again. This time, the Hunger Games actress was targeted through her Wikipedia page, which was hacked to display naked photos of the actress that were leaked late last August.
Early Tuesday evening, Jezebel reported that the hackers replaced the main image for Lawrence’s entry with two nude photos that alternated for 20 minutes before being removed from the site. The main photo was quickly restored to one of Lawrence at Comic Con uploaded to Wikimedia Commons by photographer Gage Skidmore.
While it remains unclear who the edits were made by, Lawrence’s Wikipedia entry is semi-protected in an attempt to “prevent vandalism.” That means that to edit the page, a user has to be a registered user of the Wikipedia community.
According to the bibliography of her entry, legitimate updates were made to the actress’ page on Tuesday to reflect comments she made to Vanity Fair about the leak of the nude photos that were taken for personal use. “It’s not a scandal. It is a sex crime,” the 24-year-old told the magazine before going on to hold Reddit accountable for hosting and disseminating the images.
Greg Seals is a former social media producer and contributing writer for the Daily Dot. He specializes in creating and covering viral content on platforms that include Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.