- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
Woman arrested after allegedly marrying ISIS fighter via Skype
It’s apparently not a nice day for a Skype wedding.
A Malaysian student was arrested at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) last month, after authorities discovered she had allegedly married a member of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group via Skype.
The name of the 27-year-old woman, who married the ISIS member about two weeks ago, has not been released, the Straits Times reported.
“We believe that she was first attracted to IS after watching its propaganda video on YouTube in November,” said Malaysia’s inspector general of police, Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar, according to the Times. “She then got to know the North African fighter and eventually married him. He managed to persuade her to join him in Syria.” The marriage is believed to have taken place in November.
A 22-year-old man bound for Syria was also detained at KLIA on Dec. 28.
ISIS rose to prominence last year after the group used social media to publicize their beheadings and violence in the Middle East.
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.