- The Economist faces blowback for asking if trans people should be sterilized 6 Years Ago
- 8 doormats that we can’t believe actually exist 6 Years Ago
- Why is political blog the Hill publishing work by anti-LGBTQ hate groups? 6 Years Ago
- A woman vice president? The 2020 men have some thoughts Today 9:00 AM
- 80 percent of Americans support reinstating net neutrality Today 8:38 AM
- Website secretly filmed 1,600 hotel guests for fetish live stream Today 8:18 AM
- The Holga 120N is the $40 camera you never knew you needed Today 8:13 AM
- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted Today 7:18 AM
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Trump maintains attack on late John McCain Today 6:51 AM
- How to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat Today 6:30 AM
- Drag queens are calling on DirecTV to keep Viacom channels Today 6:16 AM
- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
Cecilia Gímenez is raising funds for a local Christmas drive by selling one of her original paintings on eBay.
The Daily Dot would like to raise a glass to Cecilia Gímenez and her unrelenting desire to cast good unto this world. Ms. Gímenez, you get an A for effort.
You may remember Gímenez from August, when the Spanish grannie caught a late 15 minutes of fame after her ill-constructed restoration of a 19th century painting of Elías García Martinez’s “Ecce Homo” fresco went Internet gangbusters.
Photo via Anonymous/Canvas
Well, hold onto your hats, because it turns out that Gímenez is back. This round it’s on eBay, where the 80-year-old Spaniard is selling an original piece of art called “The Bodegas de Borja,” a 45- x 34-inch framed painting that’s signed by the artist herself.
The piece, which looks like a very nice painting of a Spanish house on a sunny day, is available for auction on the site until Tuesday, Dec. 18 at 7:56pm ET, at which point it will ceremoniously go to the highest bidder. After 31 bids, the item is currently going for €630,00, which translates roughly to $820 USD.
According to the item’s description, Gímenez plans to donate the proceeds to a Christmas drive being held by a morning show DJ at her local radio station.
Cecilia Gímenez, ladies and gentlemen. God just gotta bless her.
Photo via Repollistas/Twitter
Chase Hoffberger reported on YouTube, web culture, and crime for the Daily Dot until 2013, when he joined the Austin Chronicle. Until late 2018, he served as that paper’s news editor and reported on criminal justice and politics.