- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for four months 7 Years Ago
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
- Woah! How did Keanu Reeves get so small? Tuesday 4:37 PM
- The centrist argument against Sanders’ student loan plan is getting ripped apart Tuesday 4:08 PM
- Jonathan Frakes confirms that you’re right in yet another meme Tuesday 3:56 PM
- Meryl Streep, Ariana Grande set to star in Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ Tuesday 3:35 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ Season 3 goodies are here just in time Tuesday 3:01 PM
- Kim Kardashian’s shapewear line Kimono is already getting called out Tuesday 2:11 PM
- ‘Aggretsuko’ tones down the rage in season 2 Tuesday 1:13 PM
- TikTok is being used to call out predators Tuesday 12:41 PM
- Republican congressman wants to defund PBS over the gay rat wedding Tuesday 12:39 PM
Prominent Anonymous Twitter account @youranonnews led the charge to ban an alleged pedophile from Twitter. The offending account, which featured images of young boys, has been shut down.
In an impressive show of solidarity, one of Anonymous’ largest Twitter accounts has helped get an alleged Twitter pedophile banned from the site in about an hour.
Early Thursday morning @YourAnonNews implored its 615,000 followers to report @many501611 to Twitter because of horrifically graphic photos of young boys posted publicly on the account.
“Block this sick fuck! Fucking Pedos make me sick!!,” tweeted @surfsarge in response to Anonymous’ call to action.
“Jesus, some things you just cant unsee,” @fangreaderslj added.
@many501611’s profile photo was of 14-year-old Ronan Parke, an English singer who rose to prominence following his appearance on Britain’s Got Talent in April 2011. The account was suspended as of noon ET.
According to Twitter’s official child pornography policy all tweets and accounts disseminating that sort of content should be reported to the microblog so it can be “removed from the site without further notice and reported to The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.” Twitter also adds that those accounts will be permanently suspended from the site.
On June 5 Anonymous used the #TwitterPedoRing hashtag to expose alleged pedophiles using Twitter to inappropriately communicate with minors and share illegal content. About a week after the campaign launched, the U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested 190 child pornography offenders, although a direct connection to Anonymous could not be proven.
Photo via Twitter
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.