- Riots break out after a fake email about coronavirus went viral Thursday 8:59 PM
- Bloomberg edits debate clip to make other Democratic candidates appear speechless Thursday 7:50 PM
- Dad claims YouTube refuses to remove video of daughter’s murder Thursday 6:36 PM
- Video of Kanye leaving Kim in elevator to carry all their bags has people cackling Thursday 6:19 PM
- Orlando Bloom’s tattoo misspelled son’s name because of Pinterest Thursday 5:35 PM
- The Ahi Challenge is the latest dance taking over TikTok Thursday 4:40 PM
- Show criticized for putting rape victim in blackface to protect her identity Thursday 3:42 PM
- Woman becomes viral sensation after iconic ‘Shallow’ subway video Thursday 2:48 PM
- Prettyboyfredo tried to gift a bullied teen some $30,000 Nikes at school—he got detained Thursday 2:13 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Wedding bells and blows Thursday 1:50 PM
- A 16-year-old made a ‘meme guide’ to help her dad understand online trends Thursday 1:46 PM
- UCLA drops plans to use facial recognition after student pushback Thursday 1:07 PM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ recap, episode 5: ‘Stardust City Rag’ Thursday 12:56 PM
- Roger Stone sentenced to 40 months in prison Thursday 12:45 PM
- New The 1975 music video is full of memes you’ll love Thursday 12:28 PM
A teenager mowed a massive penis with the words “Oi Trump” into the grass near the airport where President Donald Trump landed on a visit to the U.K. on Monday morning.
Guess who's been busy today mowing a stiff message for Trump under the Stansted flightpath... Please share and let's see how far we can spread the welcome!#climatechange #Trump #welcometrump pic.twitter.com/crnZo5rnDv— born_eco (@born_eco) June 2, 2019
“Guess who’s been busy today mowing a stiff message for Trump under the Stansted flightpath… Please share and let’s see how far we can spread the welcome,” the teen, Ollie Nancarrow, wrote via the Twitter account of his website, Born-eco.com.
Nancarrow, 18, runs a website called Born-eco.com in order to connect buyers with eco-friendly products. Along with the shape of a penis, Nancarrow mowed the image of a polar bear and the message “climate change is real” into a field outside of his home on the outskirts of London to challenge Trump’s disbelief in climate change.
Twitter users are expressing support for the unconventional welcome message.
Nancarrow had to return to school on Monday per usual after a pretty unusual weekend preparing vulgar images and political messages for the U.S. president.
“All my teachers have been shaking my hand and congratulating me,” Nancarrow told Metro.
The message to the president may seem like just another vulgar comment roaming the internet, but the teenager’s motives behind creating the images are sincere.
“Donald Trump and his denial of climate change are not welcome and I want him to be fully aware of that when he flies into Stansted on Monday,” Nancarrow told Bishop’s Stortford Independent. The teen did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
It's the small things like a giant penis mown into a field on the Stansted flightpath that give me hope. Well done, Britain. https://t.co/NrZrvhKimc— Carole Cadwalladr (@carolecadwalla) June 3, 2019
“It’s the small things like a giant penis mown into a field on the Stansted flightpath that give me hope. Well done, Britain,” Twitter user @carolecadwalla wrote.
- Trump debuts new, slicked-back hair to shock and awe
- Fake Mario-Luigi kissing photo enrages prominent conservatives
- Vaping congressman admits to killing hundreds of civilians in Iraq war
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
H/T the Hill
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.