- A police union is urging its officers to post ‘The Punisher’ logo Monday 7:33 PM
- Redditors call for a Nestlé boycott through memes Monday 6:16 PM
- How a 10-second Disney jingle became a meme in Thailand Monday 4:48 PM
- Instagram users share photos showing gruesome killing of 17-year-old Bianca Devins Monday 4:33 PM
- The horror game banned for mocking China’s president probably isn’t coming back Monday 3:31 PM
- Cheap vibrators, condoms, and lube: The most satisfying Amazon Prime Day deals Monday 3:07 PM
- George R.R. Martin says fan backlash won’t affect his ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 3:03 PM
- The very finest Area 51 memes Monday 2:52 PM
- Tweet map ranks states where people are boycotting Amazon Prime Day Monday 1:54 PM
- Lil Nas X says he will perform at Area 51 for free Monday 12:56 PM
- The best Prime Day deals for gamers Monday 12:53 PM
- How Republicans are dancing around Trump’s racist tweets Monday 12:42 PM
- Not even anti-immigrant groups are defending Trump’s ‘go back’ tweets Monday 12:37 PM
- Netflix’s latest chase thriller ‘Point Blank’ lacks electricity Monday 12:27 PM
- Jay Inslee floats Megan Rapinoe as his secretary of state pick Monday 11:33 AM
Trump debuts new, slicked-back hair to shock and awe
President Donald Trump debuted a fresh look while making a surprise appearance at McLean Bible Church in Vienna, Virginia this Sunday and people are taken aback.
When Trump does his hair like a normal person he looks like someone who exists in the Road House Universe pic.twitter.com/26ghyEkVW1— Juggalocialism (@UweBollocks) June 3, 2019
Remember when @BarackObama took heat about a tan suit? Can you imagine if he showed up to the Charleston Baptist Church Service in his golf shoes? #VirginiaBeachShooting #2020Election pic.twitter.com/FIGOBHXASB— Shaun Dougherty (@_ShaunDougherty) June 3, 2019
In lieu of his trademark wispy poof, the President appeared onstage with a Gordon Gekko-inspired, slicked-back hairstyle.
Trump, wearing a suit jacket over a polo shirt, a pair of egregiously long khakis, and holding a golf hat, attended the service at McLean Bible Church to pay respects to the victims of the Virginia Beach mass shooting on Sunday. McLean is in the opposite part of the state from Virginia Beach.
Trump arrived at the church at about 2:20pm ET and his motorcade left approximately 15 minutes later. Trump did not speak at the service, instead standing silently beside pastor David Platt as the pastor recited a prayer for the victims of Friday’s mass shooting.
Both photos taken today. pic.twitter.com/V6PRnNKZGM— Mike Monteiro (@monteiro) June 3, 2019
While some speculated that this was a move by Trump to change his look prior to his upcoming U.K. trip and meeting with Queen Elizabeth II, others waved it off as simply a tactic to deal with the president’s hat hair. This seems likely as the president was holding his golf hat while onstage at the church.
Trump’s former presidential campaign adviser Roger Stone expressed that this was apparently the ceiling for Trump’s look.
“I’ve known @realdonaldtrump for 40 years. I don’t think he’s ever looked better ! #trump #maga,” wrote Stone on an Instagram post of the man who allegedly fired him from his campaign.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Roger Stone (@rogerjstonejr) on
The new hairstyle seemed to be a one-time affair, however as Trump was back to his usual ways after arriving in the U.K.
Live scenes as an awestruck Donald Trump asks for hair styling tips: pic.twitter.com/c2kek3wnck— Have I Got News For You (@haveigotnews) June 3, 2019
- Donald Trump and camp double down on claim he ‘never called Meghan Markle nasty’
- Trump: Russia helped get me elected
- Trump, Trump Jr. team up to convince Roy Moore not to run again
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.