- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Thursday 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Thursday 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Thursday 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Thursday 11:06 AM
President Donald Trump debuted a fresh look while making a surprise appearance at McLean Bible Church in Vienna, Virginia this Sunday and people are taken aback.
When Trump does his hair like a normal person he looks like someone who exists in the Road House Universe pic.twitter.com/26ghyEkVW1— Juggalocialism (@UweBollocks) June 3, 2019
Remember when @BarackObama took heat about a tan suit? Can you imagine if he showed up to the Charleston Baptist Church Service in his golf shoes? #VirginiaBeachShooting #2020Election pic.twitter.com/FIGOBHXASB— Shaun Dougherty (@_ShaunDougherty) June 3, 2019
In lieu of his trademark wispy poof, the President appeared onstage with a Gordon Gekko-inspired, slicked-back hairstyle.
Trump, wearing a suit jacket over a polo shirt, a pair of egregiously long khakis, and holding a golf hat, attended the service at McLean Bible Church to pay respects to the victims of the Virginia Beach mass shooting on Sunday. McLean is in the opposite part of the state from Virginia Beach.
Trump arrived at the church at about 2:20pm ET and his motorcade left approximately 15 minutes later. Trump did not speak at the service, instead standing silently beside pastor David Platt as the pastor recited a prayer for the victims of Friday’s mass shooting.
Both photos taken today. pic.twitter.com/V6PRnNKZGM— Mike Monteiro (@monteiro) June 3, 2019
While some speculated that this was a move by Trump to change his look prior to his upcoming U.K. trip and meeting with Queen Elizabeth II, others waved it off as simply a tactic to deal with the president’s hat hair. This seems likely as the president was holding his golf hat while onstage at the church.
Trump’s former presidential campaign adviser Roger Stone expressed that this was apparently the ceiling for Trump’s look.
“I’ve known @realdonaldtrump for 40 years. I don’t think he’s ever looked better ! #trump #maga,” wrote Stone on an Instagram post of the man who allegedly fired him from his campaign.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Roger Stone (@rogerjstonejr) on
The new hairstyle seemed to be a one-time affair, however as Trump was back to his usual ways after arriving in the U.K.
Live scenes as an awestruck Donald Trump asks for hair styling tips: pic.twitter.com/c2kek3wnck— Have I Got News For You (@haveigotnews) June 3, 2019
- Donald Trump and camp double down on claim he ‘never called Meghan Markle nasty’
- Trump: Russia helped get me elected
- Trump, Trump Jr. team up to convince Roy Moore not to run again
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a reporter specializing in online gaming and political communities. His work has previously appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM. He is based in Austin, Texas, and you can follow him on Twitter at @NacioMartinez.