- ‘Lil Billie Xanish’ is the deepfake mashup of Billie Eilish and Lil Xan Thursday 5:10 PM
- Gossip account the Shade Room to launch 3 original series on Instagram Thursday 4:46 PM
- Biden says he asked Obama not to endorse him—but people aren’t buying it Thursday 3:17 PM
- Marvel makes more money than Harry Potter and Star Wars combined Thursday 3:13 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Obituaries for the fallen heroes Thursday 2:51 PM
- T-Mobile, Verizon admit most Americans won’t see fast 5G Thursday 1:52 PM
- PlayStation Vue is offering a sweet streaming deal for a limited time Thursday 1:42 PM
- Twitter reportedly worried banning white nationalists would also flag some Republicans Thursday 1:31 PM
- Lawyer of cop in viral assault case calls the crime a ‘Facebook misdemeanor’ Thursday 12:33 PM
- Biden’s ‘all men’-focused announcement gets roasted Thursday 11:49 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for free Thursday 10:44 AM
- Report: Facebook is punishing Black people for talking about racism (updated) Thursday 10:15 AM
- Biden brings tepid language to the healthcare debate Thursday 9:52 AM
- TikTok’s ‘chin on palm’ challenge has people scratching their heads Thursday 9:01 AM
- How to stream the 2019 NFL Draft for free Thursday 9:00 AM
This is … something wild.
On Monday, news broke that President Donald Trump‘s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, was raided by the U.S. government in an investigation into possible campaign finance violations. It was covered breathlessly by numerous FAKE NEWS, lamestream websites, and networks, but Fox News knew what the real story was in all this: Pandas who have sex 40 times a day.
Tucker Carlson addressed the matter, under the chyron “Pandas are aggressive and sex-crazed.”
TUCKER IS ON IT pic.twitter.com/UIxHXlWHxF
— David Mack (@davidmackau) April 10, 2018
Tucker was out to debunk the liberal narrative that pandas, who have trouble reproducing in captivity, don’t want to do it.
Per Tucker—on a day when the president’s personal lawyer’s office was raided by the FBI, EPA Director Scott Pruitt was found to be lying about giving staffers’ raises, and Mark Zuckerberg was meeting with representatives on Capitol Hill—pandas fuck.
“You know the official story about pandas—they’re cute, they’re adorably helpless, which is why they’re almost extinct,” Tucker said. “But like a lot of what we hear, that’s a lie. The real panda is a secret stud with a taste for flesh and a fearsome bite.”
“[When] they’re in the wild, male pandas engage in a fierce sexual contest—the winner has sex 40 times in a single afternoon.”
People were, to say the least, confused about the matter.
Tucker Carlson led with Panda sex instead of Michael Cohen and Mueller last night. For real.
Not sure I would describe it as heroic journalism; probably more like journalistic fraud. https://t.co/G24f5yJStz
— Nathan H. Rubin (@NathanHRubin) April 10, 2018
Wait, was there a fucking panda bear in the offices of the President's attorney when federal agents came charging in with that warrant? Or is Tucker Carlson the exact opposite of a journalist and his broadcast the Platonic ideal of gibbering insanity? https://t.co/2GloibNl1K
— David Simon (@AoDespair) April 10, 2018
Me: Why did they think panda sex would make us forget about Cohen?
Husband: You’re thinking about this too hard.
Me: Not as hard as Tucker Carlson is thinking about it.
Husband: I’m not sure that’s true.
— Celeste Ng (@pronounced_ing) April 10, 2018
There was no word from government officials if there were pandas in Cohen’s office, fucking rampantly, but it seems doubtful.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]