- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
Lev Parnas’ private Instagram account reveals that the Rudy Giuliani associate–who was indicted for illegal Republican campaign donations and helped try to get Ukraine to investigate the Bidens–has longtime ties to President Donald Trump himself.
The account seems to contradict Trump’s previous statement, in which he denied knowing Parnas. “I don’t know them. I don’t know about them. I don’t know what they do,” Trump told reporters in early October of Parnas and his alleged co-conspirator Igor Fruman.
The Wall Street Journal gained access to the private Instagram account, which contains photos of and relating to Trump. In October 2015, Parnas posted a photo of himself, his son, and Trump.
“Let’s go Trump. Next president and future president !!!!” the caption reads, per the WSJ.
In August 2018, Parnas shared a thank you letter he received from Trump.
“To Lev Parnas, Thank you for your friendship and dedication to our cause. Leaders like you in Florida are key to fulfilling our bold agenda to Make America Great Again!” the letter, which was signed by Trump and First Lady Melania Trump, reads.
Then, his account jumps from 2015 to 2018. In Aug '18, Parnas posted a pic of a personalized thank-you note from POTUS & FLOTUS. “Lev Parnas, Thank you for your friendship and dedication to our cause,” it reads. WH didn't respond to request for comment. https://t.co/oXcW96zdhb pic.twitter.com/b0DXz3Pn6x— Shelby Holliday (@shelbyholliday) October 21, 2019
Parnas also posted photos of himself with Trump’s legal team at a “celebration dinner” after William Barr released his Mueller report summary. “Congratulations team trump !!!” the caption reads, per the WSJ.
In other photos, Parnas can be seen with Donald Jr. Trump, Eric Trump, Ivana Trump, and Giuliani.
Parnas, along with Fruman, facilitated Giuliani in trying to get Ukraine to investigate presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. The move kicked off an impeachment inquiry into Trump.
- Mitt Romney, aka ‘Pierre Delecto,’ uses a fake account to lurk on Twitter
- Giuliani just straight-up tweets some Ukraine secrets
- QAnon believers connect Ukraine to the infamous ‘server’
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.