- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies 2 Years Ago
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness 2 Years Ago
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams 2 Years Ago
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
- The best new bands at SXSW 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- 10 literary journalism classics that should be on your reading list Today 7:00 AM
- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free Today 6:28 AM
- Ximena Sariñana talks capturing feminine energy on her latest album Today 6:00 AM
It’s almost over.
When is Election Day? The answer: Tuesday, Nov. 8. You already knew that, of course, but what about everyone else?
Max Temkin, co-creator of the ribald party game Cards Against Humanity and founder of the pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC The Nuisance Committee, teamed with programmer and former Code For America fellow Alex Soble to create an app that turns your Twitter handle into a daily countdown to the 2016 election.
That app is called Countdown Name.
Now, all the social media marking thought leaders, white nationalist trolls, and porn-y spambots who follow you on Twitter will be subjected to regular reminders about the importance of voting.
However, you may want your own bespoke Election Day-themed Twitter name. If so, please feel free to select from the following list:
- Please God, Let It End
- This Election Is Hell
- I Need This To Be Over
- **Soft Weeping**
- **Loud Sobbing**
- **Uncontrollable Crying**
- You’re Really Voting For Trump?
- You’re Really Voting For Hillary?
- You’re Really Voting For Johnson?
- You’re Really Voting For Stein?
- You’re Really Voting For McMullin?
- Wait, Who’s McMullin
- An Independent GOP Candidate. Does He Matter?
- Kinda, He Might Win Utah
- The Whole State?
- Polls Show He’s Close
- When’s The Last Time That Happened?
- Wow, That’s Nuts
- How You Doing These Days?
- Can’t Complain. Alice?
- She’s Good, Too
- You Two Wanna Come By My Place On Election Night, We’re Making Stroganoff
- I Love Stroganoff
- It’s The Best
- We’re Totally There
- Bring A Bottle Of Red?
- Done And Done
- 7 days til election
Aaron Sankin is a former Senior Staff Writer at the Daily Dot who covered the intersection of politics, technology, online privacy, Twitter bots, and the role of dank memes in popular culture. He lives in Seattle, Washington. He joined the Center for Investigative Reporting in 2016.