- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
When is Election Day? The answer: Tuesday, Nov. 8. You already knew that, of course, but what about everyone else?
Max Temkin, co-creator of the ribald party game Cards Against Humanity and founder of the pro-Hillary Clinton super PAC The Nuisance Committee, teamed with programmer and former Code For America fellow Alex Soble to create an app that turns your Twitter handle into a daily countdown to the 2016 election.
That app is called Countdown Name.
Now, all the social media marking thought leaders, white nationalist trolls, and porn-y spambots who follow you on Twitter will be subjected to regular reminders about the importance of voting.
However, you may want your own bespoke Election Day-themed Twitter name. If so, please feel free to select from the following list:
- Please God, Let It End
- This Election Is Hell
- I Need This To Be Over
- **Soft Weeping**
- **Loud Sobbing**
- **Uncontrollable Crying**
- You’re Really Voting For Trump?
- You’re Really Voting For Hillary?
- You’re Really Voting For Johnson?
- You’re Really Voting For Stein?
- You’re Really Voting For McMullin?
- Wait, Who’s McMullin
- An Independent GOP Candidate. Does He Matter?
- Kinda, He Might Win Utah
- The Whole State?
- Polls Show He’s Close
- When’s The Last Time That Happened?
- Wow, That’s Nuts
- How You Doing These Days?
- Can’t Complain. Alice?
- She’s Good, Too
- You Two Wanna Come By My Place On Election Night, We’re Making Stroganoff
- I Love Stroganoff
- It’s The Best
- We’re Totally There
- Bring A Bottle Of Red?
- Done And Done
- 7 days til election
Aaron Sankin is a former Senior Staff Writer at the Daily Dot who covered the intersection of politics, technology, online privacy, Twitter bots, and the role of dank memes in popular culture. He lives in Seattle, Washington. He joined the Center for Investigative Reporting in 2016.