- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping Saturday 4:14 PM
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Saturday 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Saturday 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Saturday 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Saturday 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Saturday 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Saturday 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Saturday 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Saturday 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Saturday 6:30 AM
A video started making rounds on conservative Twitter accounts of a college-age Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) dancing. The video was intended to shame the new Congresswoman but has since backfired.
The video of Ocasio-Cortez dancing with her friends has received over 5 million views, tons of support, and even some unearthed videos of other political figures.
Unfortunately, their dancing videos are not quite as cute and carefree as Rep. Ocasio-Cortez’s.
Like this one of former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, breaking it down.
Since we’re all talking about politicians dancing, here’s a reminder that this happenedpic.twitter.com/el68mzIuvb— Jerry Dunleavy (@JerryDunleavy) January 4, 2019
Or maybe this one of Rick Perry, the Energy Secretary and former GOP presidential candidate, when he was on the TV show Dancing with the Stars.
Rick Perry dancing. pic.twitter.com/qlp6P2fTTi— Oliver Griswold (@originalgriz) January 3, 2019
Turns out people have been dancing for years! Even before Ocasio-Cortez was filmed dancing as a Boston College student, former President George W. Bush did a jig himself.
Dear Republicans --— Wisdom Rocks (@GetWisdomDude) January 4, 2019
Danced As A Kid In High School
Prior To Being Elected As
A Beloved Member of Congress -
George Bush Was Happily
Dancing, As POTUS,
While Visiting Africa.
GOP Insanity Is Astounding.#116thCongress@mkraju @realdanjordan pic.twitter.com/MbcOwL67Fa
Even our current president has danced before. In a 2015 SNL spoof, President Donald Trump busted a move.
Here is a video of Trump dancing. WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE!!???!! pic.twitter.com/HmLtnoLcTr— Mark McHamill (@FakeFan50) January 4, 2019
The reaction to Ocasio-Cortez didn’t seem to bother to the 28-year-old Congresswoman a bit. She even shared a more recent video of her dancing right into her new office.
I hear the GOP thinks women dancing are scandalous.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 4, 2019
Wait till they find out Congresswomen dance too! 💃🏽
Have a great weekend everyone 🙂 pic.twitter.com/9y6ALOw4F6
Perhaps this is the start of a new trend of politicians getting their groove on; it’s a long road to 2020, after all.
Elizabeth VanMetre is a reporter based in Wyoming. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared on ETOnline, the New York Daily News, Yahoo Travel, and more. She hosts a local morning show in Wyoming.