- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts 2 Months Ago
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Today 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Today 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Today 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Today 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Today 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Today 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Today 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Today 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Today 9:19 AM
- Bernie or Barry? Garth Brooks’ Sanders jersey sparks online panic Today 8:42 AM
- Netflix series ‘Followers’ is a visual treat—but lacks a clear narrative Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer got trapped under ice for TikTok clout, ‘came close to dying’ Thursday 7:59 PM
- #BernieBruh puts new spin on ‘Bernie Bro’ label, showcases support among Black voters Thursday 6:58 PM
- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
A man bought a stranger a laptop after finding out that she had been writing school essays on her phone–and Twitter users are getting emotional about it.
Twitter user @Bekhari wrote about how she finished her last semester of college with no laptop. She later detailed that in order to turn in her essays, she wrote them on her phone and then would go to school before class and edit and print them out.
“I really survived my last semester with absolutely no laptop,” she tweeted. “I wrote all of my papers on my phone which was annoying as heck.”
I really survived my last semester with absolutely no laptop. I wrote all of my papers on my phone which was annoying as heck. I ended up getting 4 A’s and 2 C’s which I didn’t even blink at the C’s. I do not careeeeeeee. I have my degree now bish.— Bantuqueen (@Bekhari) January 4, 2020
A day after she tweeted this, Twitter user @FranchiseJSmith asked her if she still needed a computer. When she said yes, he sent her $1,099, enough to buy a MacBook Air.
Sent you enough for the MacBook Air. Keep hustling. pic.twitter.com/1Vght0dTMr— Francis J. Smith (@FranchiseJSmith) January 4, 2020
Everyone was emotional about the exchange.
“The most beautiful thing I’ve seen on Twitter,” activist Zellie Imani wrote.
Twitter user @Bekhari also responded to the gift, explaining how much it meant to her. During college, she attended school full time and worked a 40-hour job. She added that she also had a part-time job doing hair. Balancing her work and school was difficult, she said, but she recently graduated and finished her theater performance degree.
“I’m overwhelmed today. A lot of emotions going on. But just know I was a college dropout for 3 years due to lack of financial aid, and I just came back this year to finish up my senior year,” she wrote. “The blessings are pouring.”
on with school. Working 40 hours a week plus full time in school, plus doing hair on the side almost killed me. I also came out of a 4 year on n off toxic relationship where we lived together, and I just got a new fresh space on my own yesterday!!! The blessings are pouring !!— Bantuqueen (@Bekhari) January 4, 2020
She later tweeted pictures of her at the Apple store, writing that she would have her laptop up and running by Friday.
- Reddit celebrates father’s ‘wholesome’ post about catching his son having ‘gay sex’
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional
- Everyone loves how pure this nail-painting grandpa is
Sierra Juarez is a freelance journalist and fact-checker based in Mexico. She most enjoys writing about human rights and politics and working in audience engagement. Her work has appeared in the Texas Tribune, the Austin American–Statesman, and the San Antonio Current.