- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery 7 Years Ago
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
- Congressmen call on Twitter to shut down accounts for Hamas, Hezbollah Today 11:12 AM
- How to stream Lakers vs. Clippers Today 11:02 AM
- Popular Twitch streamer banned for something he didn’t even say Today 10:13 AM
- What is going on with C-3PO in the final trailer for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’? Today 10:04 AM
- Amazon’s facial recognition misidentified Boston athletes as criminals Today 9:08 AM
- Trump sparks outrage by calling impeachment ‘lynching’ Today 8:58 AM
- Rose Tico returns in the final ‘Rise of Skywalker’ trailer Today 8:44 AM
Everything you need to know about NASA’s Curiosity rover
Also in today’s Reddit digest: A must-read AMA from a 97-year-old former NASA employee and movies that are so stupid they’re awesome.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Missed the landing of NASA’s Curiosity rover on Mars? Wondering why it’s so damn important? Check out this r/askscience thread. (r/askscience)
Is Reddit going to make a habit of live-agreggating big news events? Here’s one from redditor lazyink on the shooting at a Wisconsin Sikh temple on Sunday. (r/news)
r/bestof starts an experiment, banning all comments from default subreddits for a full week. (r/bestof)
This may be the coolest person to ever do an AMA: “My favorite moment? I think it was Armstrong landed on the moon with that silly remark. And he insists he didn’t give that silly remark, but I listened to it and listened to it and listened to it, and he did.”. (r/IAmA)
Photo by Candida.Performa
Kevin Morris is a veteran web reporter and editor who specializes in longform journalism. He led the Daily Dot’s esports vertical and, following its acquisition by GAMURS in late 2016, launched Dot Esports, where he serves as the site’s editor-in-chief.