- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Today 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Today 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Today 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Today 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Today 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Today 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Today 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Today 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Today 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Today 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
In an act of obvious aggression against the Trump administration from the so-called tolerant left, Vanity Fair has all-out snubbed First Lady Melania Trump by leaving her out of their 2017 International Best-Dressed List—and conservatives are pissed!
Far-right website the Daily Caller straight up dragged the publication’s absence of FLOTUS from the list, noting that while she didn’t even receive a mention, President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama found themselves on this year’s list for the third time.
Melania Didn't Make Vanity Fair's List of best dressed but Michelle Obama did // What a joke https://t.co/fSUepfzLjw— ⚔️Drain The Swamp (@BigStick2013) September 7, 2017
Who the hell reads Vanity Fair anyway? https://t.co/xiKN4PJ2oR— The Columbia Bugle (@ColumbiaBugle) September 7, 2017
Why⁉️ because she wore 👠👠 she doesn't need your list she's doing fine on her own https://t.co/cyow1CRXpz— BLAKE 0922. (@LorraineYovino) September 6, 2017
OK, OK, sarcasm aside, it would seem a small portion of conservative Twitter is chirping about the magazine’s perceived petty slight against the first lady. I hate to break it to them, but the only person they have to blame for Vanity Fair skipping Melania is her husband, Donald Trump, the tie-clip-forgoing president of the United States.
While it might be an impulse to blame the Obamas for Melania’s snub, both they and the Macrons were included in the list under couples, not as single individuals. Yes, Trudeau was included under the men’s list, but more than likely that’s because the U.S. has fawned over his angelic bone structure and perfectly-coifed hair time and time again. Meanwhile, Melania’s conservative puffy sleeves and pussy bow blouses were no match for the looks served by Solange, Rihanna, and others awarded in this year’s women’s category.
And then we take a look at President Trump, who, on multiple occasions, has been caught securing the back of his tie with some scotch tape, has never worn a properly fitting suit in his life, and has insisted on publicly peddling his oversized “MAGA” and “USA” hats for the past two years. For a flashy real-estate mogul and now world leader, Trump certainly doesn’t dress like one. If Melania was expecting to secure a best-dressed mention in the couples’ category, just like the Obamas, President Trump all but deflated her chances.
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.