- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
Kevin Sorbo accused of sexual harassment by former co-star Haley Webb
The online exchange came in response to Sorbo’s pro-Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweet.
Actress and filmmaker Haley Webb accused Kevin Sorbo on Thursday of attempting to pressure her into a sexual relationship during the filming of their 2015 dramedy Single in South Beach. The 33-year-old actress said in a tweet that the 60-year-old Sorbo publicly shamed her when she refused his advances, and even went so far as to insist on an unnecessary sex scene between the two during filming.
The exchange began with a tweet from the former ’90s star of Hercules early Tuesday morning: “Not one feminist has defended Sarah Sanders,” he wrote. “It seems women’s rights only matter if those women are liberal.”
While the tweet was criticized by liberals on Twitter because the conservative actor defended President Donald Trump’s administration, it was Webb’s response that caught people’s attention. Thursday morning, the Final Destination star retweeted Sorbo’s statement with a few comments about his stance on feminism. “I don’t think the person who repeatedly tried to pressure his 3 decades younger co-star into sleeping with him, publicly shame her on set when she refused to and insist the director add unnecessary sex scenes between us should be flapping his gums about feminism,” she said.
I don't think the person who repeatedly tried to pressure his 3 decades younger co-star into sleeping with him, publicly shame her on set when she refused to and insist the director add unnecessary sex scenes between us should be flapping his gums about feminism. https://t.co/7kfb8sZvD2— Haley Webb (@thehaleywebb) June 20, 2019
Webb did not elaborate on any of her accusations, nor did Sorbo respond to her tweet. The 60-year-old actor has a consistent presence in the Christian film landscape, where he has starred in films like God’s Not Dead. Sorbo’s Twitter often sports messages defending Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Trump. Webb, on the other hand, often tweets out her support of LGBTQ rights and women’s rights, as well as criticism of the president and his administration.
We’ve reached out to Sorbo and Webb for comment.
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text
- Journalist suspended after colleague exposes his creepy Twitter DMs
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.