- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Actress and filmmaker Haley Webb accused Kevin Sorbo on Thursday of attempting to pressure her into a sexual relationship during the filming of their 2015 dramedy Single in South Beach. The 33-year-old actress said in a tweet that the 60-year-old Sorbo publicly shamed her when she refused his advances, and even went so far as to insist on an unnecessary sex scene between the two during filming.
The exchange began with a tweet from the former ’90s star of Hercules early Tuesday morning: “Not one feminist has defended Sarah Sanders,” he wrote. “It seems women’s rights only matter if those women are liberal.”
While the tweet was criticized by liberals on Twitter because the conservative actor defended President Donald Trump’s administration, it was Webb’s response that caught people’s attention. Thursday morning, the Final Destination star retweeted Sorbo’s statement with a few comments about his stance on feminism. “I don’t think the person who repeatedly tried to pressure his 3 decades younger co-star into sleeping with him, publicly shame her on set when she refused to and insist the director add unnecessary sex scenes between us should be flapping his gums about feminism,” she said.
I don't think the person who repeatedly tried to pressure his 3 decades younger co-star into sleeping with him, publicly shame her on set when she refused to and insist the director add unnecessary sex scenes between us should be flapping his gums about feminism. https://t.co/7kfb8sZvD2— Haley Webb (@thehaleywebb) June 20, 2019
Webb did not elaborate on any of her accusations, nor did Sorbo respond to her tweet. The 60-year-old actor has a consistent presence in the Christian film landscape, where he has starred in films like God’s Not Dead. Sorbo’s Twitter often sports messages defending Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Trump. Webb, on the other hand, often tweets out her support of LGBTQ rights and women’s rights, as well as criticism of the president and his administration.
We’ve reached out to Sorbo and Webb for comment.
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text
- Journalist suspended after colleague exposes his creepy Twitter DMs
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.