- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
Actress and filmmaker Haley Webb accused Kevin Sorbo on Thursday of attempting to pressure her into a sexual relationship during the filming of their 2015 dramedy Single in South Beach. The 33-year-old actress said in a tweet that the 60-year-old Sorbo publicly shamed her when she refused his advances, and even went so far as to insist on an unnecessary sex scene between the two during filming.
The exchange began with a tweet from the former ’90s star of Hercules early Tuesday morning: “Not one feminist has defended Sarah Sanders,” he wrote. “It seems women’s rights only matter if those women are liberal.”
While the tweet was criticized by liberals on Twitter because the conservative actor defended President Donald Trump’s administration, it was Webb’s response that caught people’s attention. Thursday morning, the Final Destination star retweeted Sorbo’s statement with a few comments about his stance on feminism. “I don’t think the person who repeatedly tried to pressure his 3 decades younger co-star into sleeping with him, publicly shame her on set when she refused to and insist the director add unnecessary sex scenes between us should be flapping his gums about feminism,” she said.
I don't think the person who repeatedly tried to pressure his 3 decades younger co-star into sleeping with him, publicly shame her on set when she refused to and insist the director add unnecessary sex scenes between us should be flapping his gums about feminism. https://t.co/7kfb8sZvD2— Haley Webb (@thehaleywebb) June 20, 2019
Webb did not elaborate on any of her accusations, nor did Sorbo respond to her tweet. The 60-year-old actor has a consistent presence in the Christian film landscape, where he has starred in films like God’s Not Dead. Sorbo’s Twitter often sports messages defending Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Trump. Webb, on the other hand, often tweets out her support of LGBTQ rights and women’s rights, as well as criticism of the president and his administration.
We’ve reached out to Sorbo and Webb for comment.
- Lisa Ann says Equinox trainer looked up her number and sent her a creepy text
- Journalist suspended after colleague exposes his creepy Twitter DMs
- Jameela Jamil sparks conversation about women having to make the ‘boyfriend excuse’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.