- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body 4 Months Ago
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI 4 Months Ago
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
Rep. Leslie Herod (D), the first openly LGBTQ representative in the Colorado state legislature, made waves on Instagram Thursday when an LGBTQ personals account shared her apparent dating profile.
Herod is on her second term in office representing the 8th district of Colorado, and despite widespread popularity in her district (she ran unopposed in 2018), she apparently hasn’t been able to find that special someone yet.
The profile was posted by @_personals_ an account for an in-development app for LGBTQ+ people to write personals and make connections. It’s a popular account that people pay to have their personals on, and it tagged her Instagram, so it seems unlikely to be fake. With over 531,000 followers, posting a profile through the account reaches a huge amount of people, and if you craft a perfect personal ad, you may just find the one.
Herod seemingly decided to take a chance and her personals ad, titled “Politician seeks running mate,” went up on Thursday.
Herod describes herself in the personal as a “foodie, power femme, adventurer + first openly lgbt black person to hold elected office in Colorado.” She says what she’s looking for a 35 or older partner who is, “Edgy, passionate, with a generous spirit” and a good conversationalist. She also doesn’t mess around, making it clear that she’s not interested in someone she has to take care of by saying, “Have your shit together, or getting there.”
The ad finishes with what they could do together: “holds hands on a Ferris wheel, try new restaurants, + support each others dreams.”
So far Herod hasn’t commented on the dating profile (she’s just a little busy reforming the criminal justice system) but plenty of Instagram users have commented in support of her quest for love, or to throw their hats in the ring.
“It’s gunna be hard finding someone as cool as you, but I have faith you’ll find the one someday ;),” commented one user. Another said, “I’m down to be her First Butch (FBOTUS).”
With any luck, and maybe some help from supportive constituents, Herod will find her princess charming soon.
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.