- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
Rep. Leslie Herod (D), the first openly LGBTQ representative in the Colorado state legislature, made waves on Instagram Thursday when an LGBTQ personals account shared her apparent dating profile.
Herod is on her second term in office representing the 8th district of Colorado, and despite widespread popularity in her district (she ran unopposed in 2018), she apparently hasn’t been able to find that special someone yet.
The profile was posted by @_personals_ an account for an in-development app for LGBTQ+ people to write personals and make connections. It’s a popular account that people pay to have their personals on, and it tagged her Instagram, so it seems unlikely to be fake. With over 531,000 followers, posting a profile through the account reaches a huge amount of people, and if you craft a perfect personal ad, you may just find the one.
Herod seemingly decided to take a chance and her personals ad, titled “Politician seeks running mate,” went up on Thursday.
Herod describes herself in the personal as a “foodie, power femme, adventurer + first openly lgbt black person to hold elected office in Colorado.” She says what she’s looking for a 35 or older partner who is, “Edgy, passionate, with a generous spirit” and a good conversationalist. She also doesn’t mess around, making it clear that she’s not interested in someone she has to take care of by saying, “Have your shit together, or getting there.”
The ad finishes with what they could do together: “holds hands on a Ferris wheel, try new restaurants, + support each others dreams.”
So far Herod hasn’t commented on the dating profile (she’s just a little busy reforming the criminal justice system) but plenty of Instagram users have commented in support of her quest for love, or to throw their hats in the ring.
“It’s gunna be hard finding someone as cool as you, but I have faith you’ll find the one someday ;),” commented one user. Another said, “I’m down to be her First Butch (FBOTUS).”
With any luck, and maybe some help from supportive constituents, Herod will find her princess charming soon.
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.