- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
A geo-visualization of Reddit
New traffic data released by Reddit shows the best cities and countries from which to launch your secret Reddit army.
What is the distribution of redditors world-wide? New traffic data released by Reddit shows the best cities and countries from which to launch your secret Reddit army against the remainder of humanity.
It’s unsurprising that new York City, the most populous city in the United States, boasts the most Reddit traffic overall with 9.5M total pageviews in the first months of 2011. Toronto, Ontario narrowly edges out Los Angeles to take second place with 5.4M pageviews over the same period vs the 5.3M views from L.A.
The picture changes dramatically when adjusted for population, as Redditor BigToach points out. His calculations divide the number of pageviews as provided by Reddit, by the population of each metro area, a normalization technique which puts Austin clearly on top. A whopping 2.16 pageviews per man, woman and child along with Reddit’s reputation for attracting tech-focused users reenforces Austin’s prowess as a technology center among the world.
Interestingly, in both Reddit’s raw numbers and BigToach’s adjusted figures, a Canadian city takes the second spot. Vancouver it seems gives the U.S. strong competition in more than just hockey NHL hockey. Boston, which faces Vancouver again tonight in game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals, fails to break into the top 10 among Reddit cities.
Grant Robertson is a software engineer and product manager, but he started his career at the Daily Dot as a senior editor focused on data-driven journalism. He previously served as an editor for Download Squad and AOL's Digital Music Weblog.