- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
The cute little icons can improve your flirting game, help you find hidden porn on Instagram, and act as quick reactions to texts when you don’t have the mental capacity to respond. Emoji are built into the majority of Android devices, just like iOS, and there are different keyboards you can download to stay up-to-date when new emoji surface.
One thing to keep in mind is the translation of emojis across devices. On iPhones, emoji appear differently than they do on Samsung and Google devices. To help streamline your emoji experience and cut the confusion, here are the best emoji keyboards for Android devices.
How to get iOS emojis for Android
Android has its own emoji, but they aren’t quite the mainstream emoji standard—iOS maintains its strict jurisdiction there. As Techonation explained in 2018, you might come across multiple apps that promise solutions to all your emoji-related woes. However, these apps only alter the look of emoji within your Android phone. In order to truly install iOS emoji into your Android phone, you’ll have to root it. Rooting, in Android speak, means gaining root access to the operating system (a process known as “jailbreaking” with an iPhone). There are significant risks associated with rooting, however, and it’s usually recommended for more advanced users and programmers. Here’s how to download iOS emojis for Android without rooting your phone.
1) Adjust your settings
Under your phone’s Settings menu, select Security and enable “unknown sources.” This will allow you to download an app from outside the Google Play store.
2) Download Emoji Font 3
Emoji Font 3 is an app that has been removed from the Play store but is still available via external links. Go back to Settings and adjust your font settings. You should find font settings under display, gestures, or fonts. Set your phone’s font to Emoji Font 3.
3) Download Google Keyboard and use iOS emoji freely
Downloading the Gboard from the Play store allows users to easily switch between keyboards, from regular Android text to the Emoji Font 3.
The best keyboards with emojis for Android
Keyboard-Emoji, Emoticons is a colorful keyboard app that has more than 3,000 emoji, emoticons, stickers, and GIFs to use across different messaging apps. The keyboard only works on Allo, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WhatsApp. One of the best features of the keyboard app is the ability to customize your keyboard with different patterns and colors.
This keyboard app works on both SMS as well as social media and messaging apps. The keyboard has more than 100 fonts, themes, and emoji. Besides emoji and colorful themes, the app lets users communicate in more than 60 different languages.
- The best printer apps for Android when you’re on the go
- 16 essential Android apps that everyone should own
- 5 reasons why I’m glad I switched from iOS to Android
- How to download the best Android phone ringtones
A straightforward emoji keyboard, this app offers a vast selection of emoji, emoticons, stickers, and GIFs to send to family and friends on Facebook, Allo, Instagram and other social media and messaging apps. The app is also multilingual, featuring more than 30 language options.
Besides more than 3,500 emoji and emoticons, the app also lets users create Facemoji based on their face. The keyboard app works across social media and messaging apps like Facebook and WhatsApp.
The main focus on this keyboard is the ability to type fast, but also in style with more than 10,000 colorful themes. There are more than 1600 emoji, animated smileys, and animated stickers. Users can also make their own GIFs or select a sparkling space keyboard background. If you want a keyboard that’s a little extra, this is it.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Kristen Hubby is a tech and lifestyle reporter. Her writing focuses on sex, pop culture, streaming entertainment, and social media, with an emphasis on major platforms like Snapchat, YouTube, and Spotify. Her work has also appeared in Austin Monthly and the Austin American-Statesman, where she covered local news and the dining scene in Austin, Texas.