- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play 5 Years Ago
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament 5 Years Ago
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes 5 Years Ago
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns 5 Years Ago
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
- ‘Succession’ but with M&Ms is a pitch-perfect parody Today 11:12 AM
- Logan Paul insists he’s pro-choice after ‘5 abortions’ controversy Today 10:48 AM
Which Apple Watch do celebrities like the best?
Celebrity Apple fans: They’re just like us!
The Apple Watch isn’t even out yet, but a handful of celebrity influencers already have their wrists on it.
Normal humans who decide to shell out for Apple‘s latest device will be waiting until June for their pre-orders to ship, but in the meantime, Apple is making a big statement, doling it out to musicians in the latest attempt to establish the smartwatch as a must-have fashion accessory as much as a technological one.
Pharrell Williams: $12,000 gold Apple Watch Edition with white sport band
Pharrell popped up on Instagram with a video featuring the Mickey Mouse watch face and a blend of the 42mm $12,000 rose gold Apple Watch Edition and the white sport band.
Drake: $17,000 Apple Watch Edition, bright red modern buckle
Drake coordinated an entire Coachella outfit around the bright red leather band on his 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition, because Drake.
Katy Perry: $17,000 Apple Watch Edition, bright red modern buckle
Katy Perry appears to have also taken the most expensive route. She was seen on Instagram wearing the $17,000 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition with a Mickey Mouse watch face. The face taps its foot along to the beat of every other Apple Watch Mickey in the universe thanks to Apple’s obsessive attention to timekeeping detail.
A photo posted by KATY PERRY (@katyperry) on
In the coming weeks, we fully expect more obscenely expensive devices to make cameos on Instagram, which appears to be the celebrity Apple Watch debut platform of choice.
Don’t mind us, we’ll just be over here waiting for April 24. Super patiently. We’re so patient we almost can’t stand it. Really.
Photo via Apple
Taylor Hatmaker has reported on the tech industry for nearly a decade, covering privacy and government. Most recently, she was the Debug editor of the Daily Dot. Prior to that, she was a staff writer and deputy editor at ReadWrite, a tech and business reporter for Yahoo News, and the senior editor of Tecca. Her editorial interests include censorship, digital activism, LGBTQ issues, and futurist consumer tech.