- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Which Apple Watch do celebrities like the best?
Celebrity Apple fans: They’re just like us!
The Apple Watch isn’t even out yet, but a handful of celebrity influencers already have their wrists on it.
Normal humans who decide to shell out for Apple‘s latest device will be waiting until June for their pre-orders to ship, but in the meantime, Apple is making a big statement, doling it out to musicians in the latest attempt to establish the smartwatch as a must-have fashion accessory as much as a technological one.
Pharrell Williams: $12,000 gold Apple Watch Edition with white sport band
Pharrell popped up on Instagram with a video featuring the Mickey Mouse watch face and a blend of the 42mm $12,000 rose gold Apple Watch Edition and the white sport band.
Drake: $17,000 Apple Watch Edition, bright red modern buckle
Drake coordinated an entire Coachella outfit around the bright red leather band on his 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition, because Drake.
Katy Perry: $17,000 Apple Watch Edition, bright red modern buckle
Katy Perry appears to have also taken the most expensive route. She was seen on Instagram wearing the $17,000 18-karat gold Apple Watch Edition with a Mickey Mouse watch face. The face taps its foot along to the beat of every other Apple Watch Mickey in the universe thanks to Apple’s obsessive attention to timekeeping detail.
A photo posted by KATY PERRY (@katyperry) on
In the coming weeks, we fully expect more obscenely expensive devices to make cameos on Instagram, which appears to be the celebrity Apple Watch debut platform of choice.
Don’t mind us, we’ll just be over here waiting for April 24. Super patiently. We’re so patient we almost can’t stand it. Really.
Photo via Apple
Taylor Hatmaker has reported on the tech industry for nearly a decade, covering privacy and government. Most recently, she was the Debug editor of the Daily Dot. Prior to that, she was a staff writer and deputy editor at ReadWrite, a tech and business reporter for Yahoo News, and the senior editor of Tecca. Her editorial interests include censorship, digital activism, LGBTQ issues, and futurist consumer tech.