- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
- ‘SNL’ skit combines Harry Styles, the Popeyes chicken sandwich, and Disney+ Sunday 2:02 PM
- Doctored photo of GOP congresswoman flipping the bird fools critics Sunday 1:05 PM
- Internet scammers taking advantage of Narwhal the ‘unicorn’ rescue puppy Sunday 12:19 PM
- Sunday Night Football: How to stream Bears vs. Rams live Sunday 12:00 PM
- CupcakKe’s month-long ‘water fast’ has fans concerned Sunday 11:24 AM
- Will.i.am claims ‘racist’ flight attendant called police on him Sunday 10:28 AM
- How does Disney+ compare to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, and Apple TV+? Sunday 9:35 AM
- How to stream Patriots vs. Eagles live Sunday 9:30 AM
- Girl turns herself into ‘pleading face’ emoji Sunday 9:27 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Lions live Sunday 9:00 AM
- Chaotic good, true neutral: The 2020 Democrat alignment chart Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Brazil live in the U-17 World Cup final Sunday 3:00 AM
Apple has released its latest update for the iPhone in order to fix numerous bugs and security issues.
The release of iOS 13.1 comes earlier than previously anticipated and remedies numerous problems that arose following the launch of Apple’s iOS 13 operating system.
The expedited rollout of 13.1 was made in part due to the discovery of a significant vulnerability that could have allowed an attacker to bypass an iPhone’s lock screen.
Another security bug surrounded Apple’s new location privacy settings. When a user would tell an app to “Never” access its location data, the app would repeatedly ask for access each time it was launched.
Several bugs, which resulted in everything from apps crashing to problems with iMessage and AirDrop, have also been fixed.
Users are encouraged to update to iOS 13.1 as soon as possible. To do so, simply go to your phone’s Settings, scroll down and select General, and choose Software Update.
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13
- Everything you need to know about the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- All the important announcements from today’s iPhone Event
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.