- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
12 Days of Etsy: Christmas sweaters so ugly they’re awesome
This Etsy power couple’s screenprinted T-shirts are bound to impress at your holiday party.
The Christmas sweater has never looked this cool.
In lieu of scratchy wool, these “ugly Christmas sweaters” are screenprinted on a cotton blend shirt or sweatshirt. Instead of cheesy art only an ironist or your grandmother could love, they’re adorned with dinosaurs, unicorns, and lusty mooses.
They’re the brainchild of Chris Reams and Anne Warren, the husband-and-wife team behind the Skip N Whistle Etsy shop.
“Our Christmas sweater tees and sweatshirts make the perfect gift for anyone on your list,” the pair told the Daily Dot. “Santa Claus and the dinosaurs is our personal favorite!”
In business since September 2009, the New Orleans couple sells T-shirts for crazy cat people and other oddly charming fashion items—with more than 200 items available. Come every December—and the inevitable ugly Christmas sweater parties that come with it—the two see a rush of new business. This time around, they’ve recruited assistants for the first time.
“The hardest part of running an Etsy store during the holidays is also the increase in traffic,” Reams said. “Sales start flowing in faster than normal towards the last part of November, hit a fever pitch for about two weeks and then they just get super crazy for a few last minute days. Sellers really need to have extra help to answer emails and make sure things get mailed on time. Our elves are standing by and have been training for months.”
If you’re interested in snagging an ugly sweater shirt for yourself or a loved one, you’ll have to act fast. The shop is only filling Christmas orders until Dec. 14. According to Reams, they need the extra time to give each order that personal Etsy touch.
“We get a lot of requests for gifts to be sent to people and are often asked to hand-write special messages on a card,” he said. “We really enjoy helping to spread good cheer from one person to another like that.
“All of our items are screen printed by hand, and then to be able to include a handwritten card rather than just an email message really completes the circle.”
Photo via Skip N Whistle/Etsy
Lauren Rae Orsini is a web culture reporter who specializes in anime and the business of fandom. Her work has been published by Forbes and Business Insider.