Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Redditors are up in arms over parents who raised their child to speak only Klingon. (r/drama)
- Actor John Cusack talks about Freedom of the Press Foundation in an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- r/MetaHub has a new theme. That's meta. (r/MetaHub)
- A photo surfaces of the backs of two redditors' heads. The redditors respond with a photo of their faces. (r/bestof)
- When an inconsistency in The Book of Eli is pointed out, the film's writer shows up in the thread to respond. (r/defaultgems)
- He/she is no longer music to your ears, so when you break up, change your phone's notification tone. (r/LifeProTips)
- Are diamonds really a girl's best friend? (r/AskWomen)
- Show your teeth, say cheese, and check out what r/AskHistorians has to reveal about the history of people smiling in photographs. (r/AskHistorians)
- Celebrities who openly admit to regularly smoking weed are never paid a visit by cops. Why is this? (r/explainlikeimfive)
- As you get dressed, ponder the point in time at which people began changing their clothes each day. (r/AskHistorians)
Kentucky man shoots down drone spying on 16-year-old daughter
Drone pilots take notice: The world is not your playground.
Baby elephant playing with birds will instantly brighten your day
This baby elephant calf is having so much fun.
Your favorite 'Super Mario Bros' tunes sound incredible on this Nintendo-themed piano
You might need to blow on the keys before playing this piano.
Mike Huckabee, a 2016 GOP candidate, considers using federal troops to stop abortions
'All American citizens should be protected.'
Amazon wants airspace set aside for drone deliveries
The drone superhighway?
'Spirited Away' designs from Her Universe arrive at Hot Topic
Add Chihiro, No-Face, and Haku to your wardrobe.
This guy is better than you at Legend of Zelda—and he doesn't even use a sword
It may be dangerous to go alone in The Legend of Zelda, but for the world’s best speedrunners, it’s almost doable.
The real reason some men still can't handle the all-female 'Ghostbusters'
The reboot won't ruin your childhood—but it might help you see the world differently.
Good Guy GoPro helps golfer who smashed his new camera in one swing
GoPro comes to the rescue of a customer with horrible luck.
How Portals is forging connections in the most unlikely places
Part art installation and part social experiment, these gold shipping containers are wired and ready to recapture the random intimacy we’ve lost.
Hyperwalk is the latest in teen transportation
From Vine stars to the YouNow elite, Hyperwalks were everywhere in Anaheim.
VidCon's Creator track wants to foster the next generation of YouTube stars
New programming fills the void between what Community means at VidCon and what Industry feels like.
Pastel hair was the literal highlight of VidCon 2015
Soft grunge hair was all the rage.
Hank Green on the future of VidCon and his own creative goals
Five questions with Hank Green.
Connor Franta's new label focuses on music curated by digital influencers
Franta has already tested out the concept.
Of content and controversy at VidCon 2015
Content creation is king—but the biggest YouTube convention around knows change is key too.