Redditors debate raising your kid to speak Klingon
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Redditors are up in arms over parents who raised their child to speak only Klingon. (r/drama)
- Actor John Cusack talks about Freedom of the Press Foundation in an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- r/MetaHub has a new theme. That's meta. (r/MetaHub)
- A photo surfaces of the backs of two redditors' heads. The redditors respond with a photo of their faces. (r/bestof)
- When an inconsistency in The Book of Eli is pointed out, the film's writer shows up in the thread to respond. (r/defaultgems)
- He/she is no longer music to your ears, so when you break up, change your phone's notification tone. (r/LifeProTips)
- Are diamonds really a girl's best friend? (r/AskWomen)
- Show your teeth, say cheese, and check out what r/AskHistorians has to reveal about the history of people smiling in photographs. (r/AskHistorians)
- Celebrities who openly admit to regularly smoking weed are never paid a visit by cops. Why is this? (r/explainlikeimfive)
- As you get dressed, ponder the point in time at which people began changing their clothes each day. (r/AskHistorians)
What is orthorexia?
Two researchers are fighting to bring attention to an unrecognized eating disorder.
How an evil stepmother from a telenovela proved that everything's better in Spanish
A dramatic woman turned meme.
The plight of Muslim Republicans in the Trump era
Muslim Republicans have worked decades for greater inclusion in the GOP. Now some are questioning their party’s future.
Justice Department spars with Sen. Ron Wyden, ACLU over secret legal memo
The government called a U.S. senator's argument 'wholly erroneous.'
Donald Trump's dream vice president is Oprah
You get a wall! And you get a wall! And you get a wall!
Republican Party chairman offers saddest response ever to Donald Trump's taco bowl tweet
Happy belated Cinco de Mayo, everyone!
Can You Not PAC asks white dudes in politics to just... not
It started as a joke. Now it's so much more.
Uber faces class-action lawsuit over text campaign supporting Austin ballot measure
'It is absurd to imagine that Uber paid individual, living persons...'
Game company says Apple rejected its anti-Trump satire games for being too offensive
Everyday Arcade says it'll share the games on its own.
Twitter and Tor in talks to let users access social network anonymously
The Tor Project and Twitter have had face-to-face meetings on the issue.
Here's the mom-related topic your state Googles more than anyone else
Moms are having none of this 'meternity' stuff
Author comes under fire for calling maternity leave a 'break' for moms.
My mom has been accidentally subtweeting me for years
She's a master of the secret, shady message.
New mom Brooklyn Decker tweets the terrible truths of pumping
Wine and crying are a necessary part of the process.
Chrissy Teigen gets shamed for leaving the house without her newborn
Gasp, she went to dinner with her husband.
When mom is lonely: The Tinder for parent friends
A new generation of apps is making it easier to overcome the isolation of motherhood.
Moms of trans kids ask lawmakers to 'Meet My Child' in new video
This Mother's Day, parents of trans kids are speaking out.