Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Redditors are up in arms over parents who raised their child to speak only Klingon. (r/drama)
- Actor John Cusack talks about Freedom of the Press Foundation in an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- r/MetaHub has a new theme. That's meta. (r/MetaHub)
- A photo surfaces of the backs of two redditors' heads. The redditors respond with a photo of their faces. (r/bestof)
- When an inconsistency in The Book of Eli is pointed out, the film's writer shows up in the thread to respond. (r/defaultgems)
- He/she is no longer music to your ears, so when you break up, change your phone's notification tone. (r/LifeProTips)
- Are diamonds really a girl's best friend? (r/AskWomen)
- Show your teeth, say cheese, and check out what r/AskHistorians has to reveal about the history of people smiling in photographs. (r/AskHistorians)
- Celebrities who openly admit to regularly smoking weed are never paid a visit by cops. Why is this? (r/explainlikeimfive)
- As you get dressed, ponder the point in time at which people began changing their clothes each day. (r/AskHistorians)
Behind the sprawling art installation in Chicago you can control with your phone
Meet the mad scientists of Chicago’s urban renewal movement.
From poppy seed to pineapple: My adventures with a pregnancy-tracking app
Imagining a whole pineapple inside my uterus really puts this pregnancy thing in perspective.
Behold the recursive weirdness of a subreddit made entirely of bots
The bots have spoken.
The new Scarlet Letter
From Ashley Madison to the Rentboy.com raid, slut-shaming has gone viral.
'Hannibal' is subverting everything we know about male relationships
Bryan Fuller's serial killer fever dream has evolved a male friendship unlike anything else on television.
KeyRaider hack steals more than 225,000 Apple logins from jailbroken iPhones
If you have a jailbroken iPhone, your account information could be compromised.
Meet the Brazil mayor who ran town via WhatsApp and is wanted for corruption
Mayor lived 200 miles away, posted exploits to Instagram.
Visualizing the complex, invisible web of wireless signals that surround us
It's so easy to forget about this hidden technology.
Sony's Xperia Z5 will feature an insane 4K resolution display
So many pixels, so little screen.
Facebook Likes can paint a very intimate picture of who we are
'It's much more difficult to monitor your appearances and opinions in years of your Facebook history.'
An IBM supercomputer will take on China's air pollution crisis
The research project is called Green Horizon.
Fox News host Elisabeth Hasselbeck: Why isn't Black Lives Matter labeled a hate group?
Hasselbeck's conservative African-America guest agreed with her.
White House petition wants Obama to drink his own piss
It was only a matter of time.
Donald Trump's new Instagram ad has Jeb Bush making excuses for murderers
Let the attacks begin.
Turkish court charges Vice News journalists with 'aiding' ISIS terrorists
Human-rights groups have called on Turkey to release the journalists.
Texas sheriff links Black Lives Matter mentality to fatal shooting of deputy
A Black Lives Matter organizer says the sheriff is politicizing a tragedy.
Why Donald Trump's 2016 candidacy is probably already doomed
Trump is riding high in the polls. History shows that won't last.
China and Russia use data breaches to unmask U.S. spies, officials say
U.S. data breaches are helping foreign spies identify who's who.