Redditors debate raising your kid to speak Klingon
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Redditors are up in arms over parents who raised their child to speak only Klingon. (r/drama)
- Actor John Cusack talks about Freedom of the Press Foundation in an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- r/MetaHub has a new theme. That's meta. (r/MetaHub)
- A photo surfaces of the backs of two redditors' heads. The redditors respond with a photo of their faces. (r/bestof)
- When an inconsistency in The Book of Eli is pointed out, the film's writer shows up in the thread to respond. (r/defaultgems)
- He/she is no longer music to your ears, so when you break up, change your phone's notification tone. (r/LifeProTips)
- Are diamonds really a girl's best friend? (r/AskWomen)
- Show your teeth, say cheese, and check out what r/AskHistorians has to reveal about the history of people smiling in photographs. (r/AskHistorians)
- Celebrities who openly admit to regularly smoking weed are never paid a visit by cops. Why is this? (r/explainlikeimfive)
- As you get dressed, ponder the point in time at which people began changing their clothes each day. (r/AskHistorians)
The case for unions
Huffington Post employees are pushing to unionize—and so should everyone else.
Justin Bieber's nude photos and the double standard of privacy invasion
Where's the outrage?
Designer creates awesome interactive timeline based off Wikipedia articles
Get ready to spend a few hours scrolling through history.
T-Mobile CEO blasts Microsoft for alleged AT&T exclusivity deal
The Twitter rampage did not mince words.
Netflix is about to increase the price of its most popular subscription
The standard plan will cost $10.
This startup open-sourced its diversity policies so others can copy them and iterate
It's a starter kit for HR policies that can make startups more diverse.
Amazon's 'Handmade' will battle Etsy for online craft dominance
The battle of the handmade merchandise is on.
Google just bought abcdefghijklmnopqrstu- vwxyz.com
Google is really taking the alphabet thing seriously.
Facebook's 'Dislike' button has evolved, and here's what it looks like now
You'll soon be able to express emotions for each post and comment.
Leak site Cryptome accidentally leaks its own visitor IP addresses
It comes shortly after some of the site’s encryption keys were compromised.
Obama planning to try again on gun-control executive order
There have been 46 school shootings this year so far.
Obama disappoints privacy activists by punting on encryption debate
And privacy activists aren't happy.
China arrests hackers at the request of the U.S. government
But details are in short supply.
California enacts strong new online-privacy law as debate continues on national version
It's one of the toughest privacy laws in the country.
The latest Dark Net tactic is creating fake programs for fellow criminals
Who knew cybercriminals might lead people astray?