Redditors debate raising your kid to speak Klingon
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Redditors are up in arms over parents who raised their child to speak only Klingon. (r/drama)
- Actor John Cusack talks about Freedom of the Press Foundation in an AMA. (r/IAMA)
- r/MetaHub has a new theme. That's meta. (r/MetaHub)
- A photo surfaces of the backs of two redditors' heads. The redditors respond with a photo of their faces. (r/bestof)
- When an inconsistency in The Book of Eli is pointed out, the film's writer shows up in the thread to respond. (r/defaultgems)
- He/she is no longer music to your ears, so when you break up, change your phone's notification tone. (r/LifeProTips)
- Are diamonds really a girl's best friend? (r/AskWomen)
- Show your teeth, say cheese, and check out what r/AskHistorians has to reveal about the history of people smiling in photographs. (r/AskHistorians)
- Celebrities who openly admit to regularly smoking weed are never paid a visit by cops. Why is this? (r/explainlikeimfive)
- As you get dressed, ponder the point in time at which people began changing their clothes each day. (r/AskHistorians)
Inside Dosug, the dark net brothel that makes finding sex as easy as hailing an Uber
Every business sells a product. Dosug's is sex work 2.0.
154 million voter records exposed due to database error
Another day, another 154 million voters' data exposed online.
The Tao of Connor Franta
How a kid from Minnesota conquered YouTube.
‘Here’ and now with Alessia Cara, YouTube’s biggest R&B star
How Alessia Cara went from bedroom covers to opening for Coldplay.Presented by The Daily Dot
Why Gigi Gorgeous is a transgender icon for the YouTube generation
The makeup artist has detailed her transition and life in beautiful detail.Presented by The Daily Dot
How Franchesca Ramsey is squashing trolls and stereotypes
The haters only serve to justify the need for Ramsey’s presence in media.Presented by The Daily Dot
This African-American powerhouse is altering the very definition of vlogger
GloZell Green found YouTube fame for her comedy, but now she’s opening up about her journey toward parenthood.Presented by The Daily Dot
Meet Physics Girl, a heroine to science communication
Dianna Cowern is the science teacher you will you had in high schoolPresented by The Daily Dot
Getting to know Sonja Reid, gaming’s girl next door
'I’m just a nerd that loves games.'Presented by The Daily Dot
Shark scientist recommends what to watch or 'loudly criticize' for Shark Week this year
It’s gotten a lot better recently.
The magic of watching a 'Harry Potter' movie performed by a live orchestra
It still hits after all these years.
Hands-on preview: The radical changes in store for Civilization 6
The changes for Civilization 6 are exciting.
Stormpilot, Johnlock, and more ships are revealed when these shirts fold up
The line includes 11 shirts inspired by ships in multiple fandoms.
'Star Trek' fans slam CBS and Paramount after it releases guidelines for fan films
'Star Trek' now has 10 guidelines to follow if you don't want to face legal action.
Hands-on preview: Strafe is an indie shooter game that's smarter than it looks
All that blood lining the floor? It’s actually there for a reason.
Dazzle your 'Game of Thrones' viewing party guests with the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' cocktail
Perfect timing for the season 6 finale.