Also in today's Reddit Digest: A lady reconnects with an ex-hookup who wore a Stormtrooper helmet while gettin' freaky.
Want to read Reddit but don’t have the time? Our daily Reddit Digest highlights the most interesting or important discussions from around the social news site—every morning.
- Commander Chris Hadfield has one final assignment before leaving the ISS: to post a video of himself singing "Space Oddity." (/r/videos)
- Eli Roth hosts an AMA. (/r/IAMA)
- Has Reddit made us smarter? (/r/TheoryOfReddit)
- Love is in the air: Reddit helps a lady reconnect with the man who wore a Stormtrooper helmet during oral sex. (/r/defaultgems)
- What would Reddit be like as a bar? (/r/defaultgems)
- r/AskHistorians discusses fandoms similar to Trekkies throughout history. (/r/AskHistorians)
- This sounds like the setup for a bad joke: is there a limit to brain storage? (/r/AskScience)
- Redditors mark Mother's Day in the only way they know how: by sharing their best "yo mama" jokes. (/r/AskReddit)
Promoted Stories Powered by Sharethrough
Amtrak train smashes truck carrying a lifetime supply of bacon
An Amtrak train carrying 203 passengers collided on Friday afternoon with a truck hauling tens of thousands of pounds of bacon. There were no immediate reports of injuries.
Big Bird broke our hearts today
Reddit Ask Me Anything sessions (AMAs) can be somewhat of a mixed bag. Sometimes the celebrities invited to do a session spend the entire time focused on their latest project while crudely sidestepping the questions that matter most to the audience; other times they decide to give in to their fandoms and subsequently break the Internet.