Dotted Lines: The worst possible place for a gun ad
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
Not sure if there were desk lamps (or telephones) in Napoleon's time, but the point is, he's a sucker.
Watch "Great Prank Calls in History" by YouTubers BaratsAndBareta:
• There's only one guide you need to Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein's hilarious Portlandia, and that's this comprehensive collection of every famous guest star in season 3.
• Awful, unfortunate, no-good juxtaposition of the day: this newspaper placed an ad for a gun show next to an article about children returning to Sandy Hook Elementary.
• Legend of Zelda animated videos are usually pretty bad, but this fan-made clip is an exception.
• Why are the Lakers losing? If you ask Kobe Bryant, it's because "we're old as shit." Here's a roundup of #24's other famous tirades.
• Any decent list of the 25 most awesome saxophone songs of all time better have a Fuddruckers-sized portion of Clarence Clemons in it.
• The barftastic concept of the "friend zone"—i.e., blaming women when you're too scared to ask them out—is all over the Internet, from ragetoons to Westeros. Dan Solomon at The Frisky offers guys a helpful guide to the phenomenon. Now can we talk about something else?
Japan accepts U.S. giant-robot battle challenge
What a time to be alive.13k
The Philae comet lander may have discovered alien life
Don't get too excited just yet. The findings haven't been verified.5.4k
South Carolina State Senate votes to take down Confederate flag
The vote sets up another vote and then an almost-certain signature by the governor.3.7k
The graffiti drone is every billboard's worst nightmare
Tag up the city remotely.
Counter-Strike squad affNity signs with 3sUP
3sUP is best know for its Call of Duty outings.119