Improv Everywhere's 10th 'Mp3 Experiment' may be the best yet
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day's must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Vampire Weekend covers the song of the summer, Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines.”
- Jay-Z drops the hyphen, becomes JAY Z.
- The Mos Espa, Tatooine, set of Star Wars is about to be eaten by a giant sand dune.
- Improv Everywhere does its 10th great Mp3 experiment, where flashmob participants follow the instructions in their headphones and watch magic happen:
- Cosplayer Yaya Han explains how to avoid being a creep at comic cons.
- Watch Florence Welch (of "and the Machine" fame) hijack a cover band's concert and then crowdsurf into the night.
- Check out the first trailer for the reboot of Cosmos, hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
Photo via Improv Everywhere
Kentucky man shoots down drone spying on 16-year-old daughter
Drone pilots take notice: The world is not your playground.
Baby elephant playing with birds will instantly brighten your day
This baby elephant calf is having so much fun.
Walter Palmer, Cecil the Lion's killer, may be extradited to Zimbabwe
Illegally killing a lion in Zimbabwe carries a 10-year prison sentence.
Ronda Rousey pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper on Instagram
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper died Thursday, leaving behind a legendary pro-wrestling legacy.
Obama to retaliate against China's alleged hacks
The OPM hack compromised the data of more than 20 million Americans.
A GIF guide to species we've lost during Earth's mass extinctions
Earth is in its sixth mass extinction, and we’ve got the GIFs to prove it.
Mega Man creator's Kickstarter for a new game is a scam
It didn't hit its fundraising goals. But that didn't matter.
Mega Man 4 race comes down to wild photo finish
In which the Summer Games Done Quick gaming marathon goes off the rails.
How Portals is forging connections in the most unlikely places
Part art installation and part social experiment, these gold shipping containers are wired and ready to recapture the random intimacy we’ve lost.
Hyperwalk is the latest in teen transportation
From Vine stars to the YouNow elite, Hyperwalks were everywhere in Anaheim.
VidCon's Creator track wants to foster the next generation of YouTube stars
New programming fills the void between what Community means at VidCon and what Industry feels like.
Pastel hair was the literal highlight of VidCon 2015
Soft grunge hair was all the rage.
Hank Green on the future of VidCon and his own creative goals
Five questions with Hank Green.
Connor Franta's new label focuses on music curated by digital influencers
Franta has already tested out the concept.
Of content and controversy at VidCon 2015
Content creation is king—but the biggest YouTube convention around knows change is key too.