- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
Tomi Lahren is feuding with a famous female rapper on Twitter—again. Last month, the pundit came for Cardi B, who effectively clapped back. This week, Lahren is beefing with Nicki Minaj over 21 Savage’s ICE arrest.
Following the news that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested 21 Savage, claiming he was in the country illegally, Lahren tweeted, “I got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight ICE agents ready to deport ya.” Her slight referenced lyrics from one of 21 Savage’s songs, “Bank Account.”
I got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight ICE agents ready to deport ya. https://t.co/tivP1Ljj8V— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) February 3, 2019
Minaj didn’t find the comment funny. In response, she wrote, “Your obsession w/our culture is scary, to say the least. I hate giving you the attention you so desperately crave. Laughing at people getting deported as if your ancestors discovered America. Are you Native American? You fkn clown.”
Your obsession w/our culture is scary to say the least. I hate giving you the attention you so desperately crave. Laughing @ ppl getting deported as if your ancestors discovered America. Are you Native American? You fkn clown. https://t.co/7m0fYnubkq— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) February 4, 2019
Cardi B also chimed in. She told Lahren, “don’t make me get my leash” in reference to a previous argument on Twitter when she told the Fox Nation host that she would “dog walk” her.
Don’t make me get my leash https://t.co/ErQ2RhzDeg— iamcardib (@iamcardib) February 4, 2019
Lahren didn’t get into it any further with Cardi B, but she did snap back at Manaj.
“When you’re in the country illegally, you get deported. I didn’t write the law and neither did ICE. They enforce it,” she wrote. “I hope 21 Savage is able to get an entertainment visa or become a citizen one day. P.S. My ancestors did discover America.”
When you’re in the country illegally, you get deported. I didn’t write the law and neither did ICE. They enforce it. I hope @21savage is able to get an entertainment visa or become a citizen one day.— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) February 4, 2019
P.S. My ancestors did discover America https://t.co/sXzQaD4Kd5
Others on Twitter were confused about how Lahren’s family “discovered America.”
your ancestors invaded it, you can't discover a country that's already habited tomato lasagna https://t.co/hUD2nF0Mt5— Salma Masjady (@rosesnsunflowrr) February 5, 2019
The fuk she talkin about, there were people already here. Her ancestors didn't discover shit. https://t.co/KFic7U4Hyk— The Foolish Philosophers (@Dariant541) February 5, 2019
Even Dictionary.com chimed in to remind her of the definition of the word “discover.”
It’s hard to say why Lahren decides to provoke people online. Thank goodness Minaj and Cardi B are stepping in to check her facts.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.