- The 5 best Spike Lee movies 8 Months Ago
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
- #DogsAgainstBrexit highlights the negative impact of Brexit on pets Monday 7:44 PM
- Congress investigating whether vaping manufacturers used social media bots Monday 6:34 PM
- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted (updated) Monday 6:12 PM
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Monday 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Monday 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Monday 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Monday 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Monday 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Monday 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Monday 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Monday 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Monday 12:52 PM
Tomi Lahren is feuding with a famous female rapper on Twitter—again. Last month, the pundit came for Cardi B, who effectively clapped back. This week, Lahren is beefing with Nicki Minaj over 21 Savage’s ICE arrest.
Following the news that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested 21 Savage, claiming he was in the country illegally, Lahren tweeted, “I got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight ICE agents ready to deport ya.” Her slight referenced lyrics from one of 21 Savage’s songs, “Bank Account.”
I got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight ICE agents ready to deport ya. https://t.co/tivP1Ljj8V— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) February 3, 2019
Minaj didn’t find the comment funny. In response, she wrote, “Your obsession w/our culture is scary, to say the least. I hate giving you the attention you so desperately crave. Laughing at people getting deported as if your ancestors discovered America. Are you Native American? You fkn clown.”
Your obsession w/our culture is scary to say the least. I hate giving you the attention you so desperately crave. Laughing @ ppl getting deported as if your ancestors discovered America. Are you Native American? You fkn clown. https://t.co/7m0fYnubkq— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) February 4, 2019
Cardi B also chimed in. She told Lahren, “don’t make me get my leash” in reference to a previous argument on Twitter when she told the Fox Nation host that she would “dog walk” her.
Don’t make me get my leash https://t.co/ErQ2RhzDeg— iamcardib (@iamcardib) February 4, 2019
Lahren didn’t get into it any further with Cardi B, but she did snap back at Manaj.
“When you’re in the country illegally, you get deported. I didn’t write the law and neither did ICE. They enforce it,” she wrote. “I hope 21 Savage is able to get an entertainment visa or become a citizen one day. P.S. My ancestors did discover America.”
When you’re in the country illegally, you get deported. I didn’t write the law and neither did ICE. They enforce it. I hope @21savage is able to get an entertainment visa or become a citizen one day.— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) February 4, 2019
P.S. My ancestors did discover America https://t.co/sXzQaD4Kd5
Others on Twitter were confused about how Lahren’s family “discovered America.”
your ancestors invaded it, you can't discover a country that's already habited tomato lasagna https://t.co/hUD2nF0Mt5— Salma Masjady (@rosesnsunflowrr) February 5, 2019
The fuk she talkin about, there were people already here. Her ancestors didn't discover shit. https://t.co/KFic7U4Hyk— The Foolish Philosophers (@Dariant541) February 5, 2019
Even Dictionary.com chimed in to remind her of the definition of the word “discover.”
It’s hard to say why Lahren decides to provoke people online. Thank goodness Minaj and Cardi B are stepping in to check her facts.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.