- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody 2 Weeks Ago
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Today 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Today 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Today 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Today 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Today 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
@wavymcgradyi get told i look/act like jim every day please duet this #fyp #foryoupage #theoffice #jimfromtheoffice #ThatsWhatILike♬ pre pre prepared – theofficefun
Nineteen-year-old Luke Lorraine (@WavyMcGrady) recently shared a video where he’s dressed as Jim, lip-syncing the lines of The Office‘s iconic office showdown between Jim and Dwight Schrute. The clip has gained more than 300,000 likes in just two days.
He has a second clip with him as Jim, doing the famous engagement scene–with a phone he bought at Goodwill just for the reenactment. That one has more than 290,000 likes as of this writing.
@wavymcgradyi bought this phone from goodwill cuz everyone asked me to do more here you go #foryoupage #fyp #theoffice #jimhalpert #ThatsWhatILike♬ original sound – theoffíce
As an aspiring musician, Lorraine regularly posts videos of himself singing on his TikTok. However, his Jim impression, complete with the personality quirk and requisite smarm, could have people believing he should get into the acting game.
“It’s funny, even the facial expressions I do naturally make my mom say, ‘That’s so Jim,'” Lorraine told Popsugar. As for how much Lorraine has seen The Office, he said that it’s been “a bunch of times.”
Other Office fans can currently watch all nine hilarious seasons of the NBC series on Netflix, though it is leaving the streaming platform in 2021. However, not long after, the comedy will be back online to stream–but will air exclusively on NBC’s upcoming streaming platform, Peacock.
NOW HEAR THIS:
How the Teens of TikTok Are Finding Empowerment
Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST, a weekly comedy show where Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
Kahron Spearman is a music and film critic whose work can also regularly be regularly found in the Austin Chronicle.