- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Thursday 12:01 PM
On Thursday, Tekashi 69 lived up to his Tekashi Snitch Nine moniker by outing more alleged members of the Nine Trey Gangster Bloods, including rap princess Cardi B.
Tekashi 69, born Daniel Hernandez, was arrested in late 2018 on racketeering, gun, and drug charges. He agreed to cooperate with the prosecution in exchange for a lighter sentence. And this cooperation has included outing the gang afflictions of fellow rappers.
However, Hernandez outing Cardi B as a member of the Bloods comes as no surprise to many Cardi B fans. Even though Cardi B’s representative has denied Hernandez’s claim that she was a member specifically of the Nine Trey subset of the Bloods, Cardi herself has always stated that she was at one point affiliated with another subset of the Bloods, the Brims.
“When I was 16 years old, I used to hang out with a lot of Bloods,” she once told GQ. “I used to pop off with my homies. And they’d say, ‘Yo, you really get it poppin’. You should come home. You should turn Blood.’ And I did. Yes, I did. And something that—it’s not like, oh, you leave. You don’t leave. Stripping changed my life. When I was a stripper, I didn’t give a fuck about gangs, because I was so focused on making money.”
Hernandez also said in court that he didn’t copy the way she rose to fame. “I knew who she was. I didn’t pay attention,” he said.
People reacted to the news with an onslaught of memes and jokes.
“Judge: Mr. Hernandez, you’re still facing up to 2 years in prison. 6ix9ine: What do you think the B in Cardi B stands for?” Twitter user @taebandss_ wrote.
Judge: Mr. Hernandez, your still facing up to 2 years in prison— Tae Bands💸 (@taebandss_) September 19, 2019
6ix9ine: What do you think the B in Cardi B stands for? pic.twitter.com/Jsk2QAw2JL
6ix9ine: I gave y’all Trippie ,Casanova, the whole Nine Trey bloods up to their leaders and even retired rapper Jimmy Jones . Can I go now ?— TrueDaMan (@_TrueDaMan) September 19, 2019
Judge: You’re still looking at 10-20 years .
6ix9ine: Y'all ever heard of a rapper Cardi B ? pic.twitter.com/2aZD8HEMNz
Nicki after hearing that 6ix9ine snitched on Cardi B too pic.twitter.com/ksch8Dw0hQ— Joshua Chenault (@joshuachenault1) September 19, 2019
6ix9ine on the stand:— Brando Calrissian (@MuseMan82) September 19, 2019
Jim Jones is a Blood!
Cardi B is a blood!
You’re a Blood!
You’re a Blood! pic.twitter.com/3CCbCs2DrI
Cardi B when they ask her who’s 6ix9ine pic.twitter.com/NlqxVErU37— 狼 (@onewomanwolfpk) September 19, 2019
Cardi B was just sitting at home getting cheated on minding her own business and 69 snitching on her????— Steve(Rise Up) (@dream_chaser126) September 19, 2019
Hernandez also revealed rapper Jim Jones was affiliated with the Nine Trey Gangster Bloods, with a lot more names probably to come.
“Just saw 6ix9ine snitching on Jim Jones. Then seen Shia LaBeouf trending, I thought 6ix9ine got him too. It’s too much going on today,” Twitter user @drocthaboss wrote.
Me trying to recall if I was ever a member of the Nine Trey Bloods after 6ix9ine tells on Cardi B and Jim Jones pic.twitter.com/y6Lf56i255— joey ⚜️ (@thejoeyway) September 19, 2019
Just saw 6ix9ine snitching on Jim Jones. Then seen Shia LaBeouf trending, I thought 6ix9ine got him too. It’s too much going on today.— Future PhD (@drocthaboss) September 19, 2019
Prosecutor: is Jim Jones a gang member?— album. mode. 🙂 (@DDotOmen) September 19, 2019
Jim Jones: pic.twitter.com/HGF6DTBs6B
D.A. “Who is Jim Jones?”— Vada_Fly (@Vada_Fly) September 19, 2019
6ix9ine: “He's a retired rapper”
D.A. “Is he a member of Nine Trey Bloods Gang”
Jim Jones at home minding his business: pic.twitter.com/tmIRTvg8KP
If anything, Tekashi 69 should probably start calling himself a former rapper now.
- Club draws ire for booking controversial rapper Tekashi 69
- Twitter isn’t here for Nicki Minaj’s ‘Fefe’ collab with Tekashi 6ix9ine
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members
H/T BuzzFeed News
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.