- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article 3 Months Ago
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Today 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Today 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme Today 9:06 AM
Taylor Swift surprised fans Friday with a new single, in collaboration with Panic! At the Disco’s Brendon Urie.
The 10-time Grammy-winner has been teasing the release for weeks. She gave fans hints about the upcoming song, as well as the album, though a butterfly mural painted in the Gulch neighboorhood in Nashville, Tennessee. Swift’s new single “Me!” dropped at Midnight on Friday and is streaming on the major giants like Spotify.
Fans were caught between rabid excitement at the newest Swift single, and confusion over the collab with Urie. For hours leading up to the announcement, people posted their theories online.
Once Swift broke the news about her single, she showed up in Nashville to meet with fans.
Fans were delighted at the chance to come face-to-face with Swift. Many of them took to social media immediately after to express their joy. “How can one person be so perfect,” one Twitter user gleefully wrote.
Swift friends: I made it to my car. Phone is dead & I’m crying hysterically and sooo delirious and nauseous and now I’m driving around in a daze and may never get out of The Gulch but none of that matters bc I FREAKING MET TAYLOR ALISON SWIFT AFTER 14 YEARS!!!!!— Sandradeebee (@sandradeebee) April 25, 2019
Despite confusion over the collab, there was plenty of Urie love to be found online, as well.
brendon urie appears as a cameo in so many music videos, collaborated with rappers, lil dicky even referred to him as one of the greatest artists, now he gets a whole ass collaboration with taylor swift. ugh we love an unproblematic talented artist who is loved by everyone pic.twitter.com/pvGY1i8vVk— john🍷✨ (@godisbrendon) April 26, 2019
thank you taylor swift for this gift pic.twitter.com/h6uwkQp7tv— jennifer (@godblessbrendon) April 26, 2019
sorry brendon urie on the new taylor swift track? mate 2006 emo icons are thriving in the 2019 pop world and i am absolutely living for it.— benjamin langford-biss (@benasitis) April 26, 2019
also brendon can i have your hook up for sharp snazzy suits please?
Some people teased at Swift’s transformation from the darker tones of 2017’s Reputation to the bright and bubbly energy surrounding her new single.
Taylor swift so far.... pic.twitter.com/YRPv8hoyAx— VI (@inVYctus06) April 26, 2019
Though I loved the darkness of repuTation, we all know that pastel Taylor Swift is >>>!!! Me! is here! HIDE YOUR FAVES!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha! pic.twitter.com/Zyn8lqRTyh— Benggadora (@Benggadora08) April 26, 2019
Those people who say they did not like the new Taylor, I remind you that this is Taylor Swift going back to her roots, full of rainbows,love songs, to what she is, they were used to the Reputation era that was they forgot who the real Taylor Swift is. #ME #TaylorSwiftTONIGHT pic.twitter.com/JqzVZ5ptMy— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyOfficialy) April 26, 2019
Swift spoke with ABC News Friday about the single’s release. “‘Me!’ is a song about embracing your individuality and really celebrating it and owning it,” she said. “With a pop song, we have the ability to get a melody really stuck in people’s heads and I just want it to be one that makes them feel better about themselves.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.