- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
Pst: You can now get a free subscription to Hulu with a Spotify Premium account, the companies announced on Tuesday.
The two services previously cost $5.99 and $9.99 a month respectively, at a minimum. The last time the two services offered a deal of this type was last year when a bundle package cost $12.99. Here’s how to make it happen.
Is it worth it?
Users can gain access to millions of songs, thousands of podcasts, and a plethora of television with a single subscription. The new Spotify Premium only offers Hulu’s ad-supported plan, which comes with up to 10 minutes worth of ad breaks per hour.
There are a number of original programs that can only be seen with a Hulu subscription, like Future Man or Emmy-award winner The Handmaid’s Tale. Spotify Premium also offers several upgrades to the free Spotify experience, like high-definition sound quality and unlimited skips. Most importantly, Spotify Premium offers all your favorite music without constant interruptions from ads.
How to get Spotify Premium with Hulu
If you already pay for Spotify Premium, adding Hulu is easy. Just pop over to your Spotify account and locate the ‘Your Services’ page. You’ll see an area where you can activate Hulu’s ad-supported plan, and if you are currently paying the $12.99 they charged for last year’s bundle, it will automatically reduce to $9.99.
If you don’t have a Spotify Premium account, you’ll need to sign up. Go to Spotify.com/hulu, where you will have the option to get your first 30 days free. After that, the $9.99 charge will kick in.
The offer won’t last forever, so act fast if this deal sounds enticing. Users will be able to sign up through June 10.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.