- ‘Bikram’ is not a great film, but it is a document of justice 6 Months Ago
- Congress is concerned Amazon isn’t safeguarding Ring videos 6 Months Ago
- Twitter urged to suspend Tory Party Twitter account after it ‘misled’ the public 6 Months Ago
- This former stripper has the best Humans of New York story of all time Today 4:47 PM
- How to watch tonight’s 2020 Democratic debate Today 4:21 PM
- ‘Dollface’ offers a narrow vision of womanhood Today 3:56 PM
- There’s a perfectly good reason why we can’t buy official Baby Yoda merch yet Today 3:00 PM
- Trump’s handwritten ‘I WANT NOTHING’ note gets memed Today 12:57 PM
- Facebook quietly launched a meme generator app called Whale Today 12:40 PM
- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online Today 12:14 PM
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera Today 12:10 PM
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme Today 12:01 PM
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for (updated) Today 11:55 AM
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel could be in the works from Warner Bros. (updated) Today 11:06 AM
Sasha Obama: youngest daughter of Barack and Michelle Obama, became the first daughter at the tender age of seven, younger sister to headline stealer Malia Obama. Little Sasha has grown up right the heck under our noses because our baby girl just went to prom.
The reveal came from the older cousin of Obama’s prom date, Twitter user @rugaNICE, who shared the photos Friday night.
“When your lil cousin take Sasha Obama to prom,” he wrote.
The photos are amazing.
Now 17, Obama is a high school senior graduating this spring, reportedly with plans to head to the University of Michigan in the fall.
The last time the former first daughter went viral was when she was spotted casually hanging out backstage with Cardi B and Offset at a Washington D.C. music festival last year. Likewise, people were similarly thrilled to see her prom photos surfacing, as evidenced by “Sasha Obama” trending on Twitter.
Sasha Obama went to prom and she looks so beautiful . Aunty Michelle and Uncle Barack did so well! pic.twitter.com/YPqt85kX2s— Chantellesay (@Chantellesay) May 25, 2019
In case you’re wondering why Sasha Obama is trending, she was asked to prom and looks absolutely beautiful. https://t.co/GQhlgcEqUX— Ricky Davila (@TheRickyDavila) May 25, 2019
looking at "Sasha Obama" like...... THEY GROW UP SO FAST pic.twitter.com/VFsJaXj2ib— honestly! (@famreview) May 25, 2019
imagine asking sasha obama to prom https://t.co/iMlxdkthK8— Lorenzo (@oznezol) May 25, 2019
Others–perhaps due to her sister’s very normal young adult shenanigans–were just relieved to learn of the wholesome reason why Obama was trending on Twitter, as people tend to quickly assume the worst.
For example, the platform eventually learned it had to add a note when Betty White is trending on her birthday because people always assume our golden girl has left us mortals.
I saw Sasha Obama trending and got scared but she just went to prom and served looks. pic.twitter.com/Ci52eHj8jl— Joe Padilla (@jPad) May 25, 2019
Saw Sasha Obama trending and my fist automatically clenched up but it’s all good because she’s just growing up and served nothing but looks at prom pic.twitter.com/An4Cb9ioXW— lyss (@lyss_bear) May 25, 2019
I saw Sasha Obama was trending and i was ready to throw hands at any article trying to make her look bad but then i saw its bc she looked so beautiful at prom and now i’m happy 😭❤️— mandles_b (@MandyBullock4) May 25, 2019
Luckily for Obama, children of former presidents lose Secret Service when they turn 16, as pointed out by journalist Yashar Ali. So, it will be a judgment-free, teenage fun zone.
Hopefully, Obama and her handsome date had the most magical prom night.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.