- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
- Microsoft developing voice filters to block ‘toxic’ users on Xbox Live Tuesday 3:27 PM
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram Tuesday 3:25 PM
- Why facials oils are a must for your winter skincare routine Tuesday 3:20 PM
- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape Tuesday 1:59 PM
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost Tuesday 1:31 PM
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 Tuesday 1:21 PM
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Tuesday 1:12 PM
On any given day, there are enough #goals on the internet to make us want to #slay our eyeballs. But this teen from Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, is the real deal and worthy of every fierce, overplayed hashtag imaginable because she is the confident badass we all wish we were in high school.
Instead of taking her dorky buddy or fretting over not finding a date, Priscilla Samey took her Harvard acceptance letter to prom.
“At first I was disappointed,” she told BuzzFeed about going dateless. “But going by myself allowed me to avoid all the competitiveness and expenses that usually go with prom.”
Samey said she actually left the acceptance letter in the car on prom night (“He’s shy—and also I didn’t want it to get trampled”), but in case anyone was wondering if she had any advice for getting into Ivy League schools, she simply said: “Be yourself.”
We’re certain that would be enough to get her accepted anywhere.
Jessica Machado is the IRL editor of the Daily Dot. Previously, she was an associate editor at Rolling Stone. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, Elle, Vice, Salon, BuzzFeed, Guernica, Bitch, Bust, the Cut, the Awl, the Toast, among others.