- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Wednesday 12:33 PM
Prom season is upon us, and one teen figured out how to summon a celebrity date in a pinch: Bring a cardboard cutout.
A girl named Dee found herself dateless to her junior prom last weekend after “procrastinating and waiting til the last minute,” so she got a little crafty. Armed with a printer, some cardboard, and a lot of patience, the high schooler was able to build her own life-sized cutout of Black Panther‘s Michael B. Jordan to accompany her to the dance. She chose a photo with a red carpet-ready pose, and honestly the pair’s outfits match well.
It looks like Dee had a friend assist her in carrying her cardboard Jordan across the parking lot, which is the true definition of friendship. And while the entire crafting process might have taken three hours, these pics are definitely worth it:
After not being able to get a prom date from procrastinating and waiting til the last minute, i spent 3 hours making my sexy prom date. I got on @TheShadeRoomm but now i need to MEET my man @michaelb4jordan @TheEllenShow pls help. RT FOR #GetDeetoMBJ pic.twitter.com/9y7Kt4MwsJ— Mrs. Chance & B. Jordan (@uhdeevuh) April 17, 2018
News outlets have started to pick the story up, and now Dee says her ultimate goal is to “MEET [her] man.” She even tagged the Ellen show and Jordan himself in her tweet.
Shoot your shot, Dee.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.