- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people 1 Year Ago
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
Teen takes cardboard cutout of Michael B. Jordan to prom
Prom season is upon us, and one teen figured out how to summon a celebrity date in a pinch: Bring a cardboard cutout.
A girl named Dee found herself dateless to her junior prom last weekend after “procrastinating and waiting til the last minute,” so she got a little crafty. Armed with a printer, some cardboard, and a lot of patience, the high schooler was able to build her own life-sized cutout of Black Panther‘s Michael B. Jordan to accompany her to the dance. She chose a photo with a red carpet-ready pose, and honestly the pair’s outfits match well.
It looks like Dee had a friend assist her in carrying her cardboard Jordan across the parking lot, which is the true definition of friendship. And while the entire crafting process might have taken three hours, these pics are definitely worth it:
After not being able to get a prom date from procrastinating and waiting til the last minute, i spent 3 hours making my sexy prom date. I got on @TheShadeRoomm but now i need to MEET my man @michaelb4jordan @TheEllenShow pls help. RT FOR #GetDeetoMBJ pic.twitter.com/9y7Kt4MwsJ— Mrs. Chance & B. Jordan (@uhdeevuh) April 17, 2018
News outlets have started to pick the story up, and now Dee says her ultimate goal is to “MEET [her] man.” She even tagged the Ellen show and Jordan himself in her tweet.
Shoot your shot, Dee.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.