- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy 1 Year Ago
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
Teen takes cardboard cutout of Michael B. Jordan to prom
Prom season is upon us, and one teen figured out how to summon a celebrity date in a pinch: Bring a cardboard cutout.
A girl named Dee found herself dateless to her junior prom last weekend after “procrastinating and waiting til the last minute,” so she got a little crafty. Armed with a printer, some cardboard, and a lot of patience, the high schooler was able to build her own life-sized cutout of Black Panther‘s Michael B. Jordan to accompany her to the dance. She chose a photo with a red carpet-ready pose, and honestly the pair’s outfits match well.
It looks like Dee had a friend assist her in carrying her cardboard Jordan across the parking lot, which is the true definition of friendship. And while the entire crafting process might have taken three hours, these pics are definitely worth it:
After not being able to get a prom date from procrastinating and waiting til the last minute, i spent 3 hours making my sexy prom date. I got on @TheShadeRoomm but now i need to MEET my man @michaelb4jordan @TheEllenShow pls help. RT FOR #GetDeetoMBJ pic.twitter.com/9y7Kt4MwsJ
— Mrs. Chance & B. Jordan (@uhdeevuh) April 17, 2018
— Vibe Magazine (@VibeMagazine) April 17, 2018
News outlets have started to pick the story up, and now Dee says her ultimate goal is to “MEET [her] man.” She even tagged the Ellen show and Jordan himself in her tweet.
Shoot your shot, Dee.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.