- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets 5 Years Ago
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
Has nobody told the singer that he has a timeline?
It’s a good thing he can sing, because Sam Smith would make a terrible social media manager: The British R&B star tweeted last night that he didn’t feel well enough to stick around and greet fans after a concert—then posted four hours later from a karaoke bar.
Oh, well. It’s not like he ended his night out on the town by trying to reinforce the impression that he was, in fact, a bit under the weather. Wait, what? He did? OK, I give up.
All these posts are still standing, perhaps because Smith is sleeping one off, but the response from his devotees was mostly lighthearted and sympathetic, if occasionally disapproving.
@samsmithworld you said you wanted to sleep hahahaha
— sam is king (@w0wsamsmith) October 8, 2014
@samsmithworld thought you couldn’t sign autographs because you needed sleep. now you’re out in the middle of the night?
— Mathias Miles (@mathiasmiles) October 8, 2014
@samsmithworld please rest sammy:(
— noemikz (@noeyikz) October 8, 2014
@samsmithworld bit of a contradiction 👀
— Molly (@mynamemolly_) October 8, 2014
@samsmithworld what happened to not feeling 100% lmao ok
— ! maz (@louvetowers) October 8, 2014
His real faux pas, of course, was not cutting back on the kisses while he was supposedly sick.
Goodnight all. Nashville, I love you. Thank you xxxx
— SAM SMITH (@samsmithworld) October 8, 2014
Miles Klee is a novelist and web culture reporter. The former editor of the Daily Dot’s Unclick section, Klee’s essays, satire, and fiction have appeared in Lapham’s Quarterly, Vanity Fair, 3:AM, Salon, the Awl, the New York Observer, the Millions, and the Village Voice. He's the author of two odd books of fiction, 'Ivyland' and 'True False.'