- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
The collection of bras and underwear drops May 11 and runs up to size 44DDD—a wider size range than shoppers can find off-the-rack at stores like Victoria’s Secret. The advertising campaign is already highlighting models of all body types, something still relatively unheard of in the industry.
“Savages come in all shapes and sizes,” the pop star tweeted in late April.
Rihanna famously disrupted the beauty industry in 2017 with her 40-shade cosmetics line Fenty Beauty, providing many darker-complected makeup users with the first suite of products that actually matched their skin tone—so it’s safe to say she’s hoping lightning will strike twice. And honestly, judging by most fans’ reactions, it looks like she just might.
savagexfenty take ALL MY MONEY I’m here for it— rosalina (@iamoliviag0ld) May 1, 2018
my small titties are ready for savagexfenty— justine (@biticonjustine) May 1, 2018
I can’t afford the savage X fenty lingerie I already know I’m about to buy 🔥— shauna (@ShaunaSylviaaaa) May 3, 2018
The line might have some expanding to do, though, if it wants to live up to the size-inclusive hype. Many Twitter users have been pointing out that while the Savage x Fenty landing page allows users to identify as anything from a 32A to a 34DDD, other plus-bra brands run all the way to size L. So while Rihanna’s brand has dipped its toes into the plus market, it might not really offer a broad enough range of options to firmly hold the title of a plus-inclusive line in some people’s minds.
Ri, the woman in this video is talking about having really giant boobs, but your sign up form only goes up to DDD cup sizes, which seems incongruous. Is @SavageXFenty going to have pieces that fit cup sizes larger than DDD? pic.twitter.com/ouVcxvlebj— EricaJoy (@EricaJoy) April 29, 2018
this is what im saying. DDD isnt really that big. Bravissimo go up to K and even L cup— ♕ KAiARI @愛DK || MIX CLOSED【快空璃】 (@KaiariChan95) April 29, 2018
However, as one user fairly points out, Savage x Fenty still hasn’t launched yet—and there is an “other” option at the bottom of its sizing menu:
So we just gonna act like their isn't an "other" option at the bottom?— The Legendary and Indescribable (@voguebarbados) April 29, 2018
No matter how inclusive the range ends up being, it’s probably safe to say Savage x Fenty is about to make a splash in lingerie.
- Rihanna’s all-time best tweets, ranked
- Even Rihanna enjoyed this destructive Fenty Beauty makeup tutorial
- Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty named one of Time’s best inventions of 2017
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.