- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Thursday 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Thursday 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Thursday 10:04 AM
This must be the week of rappers making questionable decisions that involve their children.
During the clip, which has since been deleted, the artist is seen lifting a large bag of marijuana and asking his daughter what’s in the bag.
“Broccoli,” she happily exclaims.
YG then asks his daughter what the bag smells like.
“Broccoli,” she again replies.
Of course, the internet was divided.
Some people defended the rapper and compared his actions to that of parents who smoke cigarettes around their kids.
I AINT EVEN KNOW YG SMOKE WEED HE ALWAYS RAP ABOUT DRINKIN MAYBE IT REALLY WAS BROCCOLI & WE SHOULD ALL MIND OUR BIZNESS. 😬— RICO (@CUTTYRIC) November 10, 2019
Y’all trippin on YG for this while KIDS IN JAMACIA, AMSTERDAM, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO , WHERE DF EVER already know what “Broccoli” smells like . 9 times out of 10 she gone smoke anyways . It’s not like she has to get drug tested knowing who df her dad is 😤— John Wang (@pearlio3k) November 10, 2019
“Anyway so I came back to talk about that video of yg showing his daughter his bag of weed and her saying it’s broccoli, then him asking her to smell it and her saying it smells like broccoli. I saw that video myself and lemme tell you, THAT SHIT WAS FUNNY,” wrote Twitter user @thatbasicb_sam.
Anyway so I came back to talk about that video of yg showing his daughter his bag of weed and her saying it's broccoli, then him asking her to smell it and her saying it smells like broccoli. I saw that video myself and lemme tell you, THAT SHIT WAS FUNNY🤣💀— sammy (@thatbasicb_sam) November 9, 2019
Most, however, noted that it wasn’t responsible for the rapper to expose his young daughter to drugs. And, they said, YG’s actions might get him in trouble with Child Protective Services (CPS).
“People are trying to justify YG showing his daughter his stash of weed by saying it’s legal in Cali, but why is he exposing his child to drugs,” wrote Twitter user @tosinn2.
People are trying to justify YG showing his daughter his stash of weed by saying it’s legal in Cali, but why is he exposing his child to drugs— tosin 💛 (@tosinnn2) November 9, 2019
T.I. goes to the gynocologist with his daughter to verify her Hyman is still in tact to make him feel she’s not having sex, YG has his daughter smelling his weed which she calls broccoli, Popeyes customers and employees fighting to the death around the country...— TITO BLIZZARD ❄️ (@infamousRIOT) November 9, 2019
Y’all see that video of YG showing his daughter that bag of weed... smh pic.twitter.com/SqqIRIEbWj— Sabrina 🖤 (@SabrinaThaliaa_) November 9, 2019
Waittttt so YG recorded a video of him letting his daughter smell some weed and asking her what it smell like ? Smh— rawasskels (@rawasskels) November 9, 2019
This idiot yg really had his daughter playing wit a baggy of weed? Wowsz.— fun girl. (@cxzyy_) November 9, 2019
YG is a father to two girls: Harmony and a new baby named Vibe whose mother is his ex-girlfriend, Catelyn Sparks.
- ‘That’s not a hymen’ meme is here to troll T.I.
- People are creeped out T.I. takes his daughter to the gynecologist yearly to check her hymen
- YG throws fan offstage for refusing to say ‘F*ck Donald Trump’
- Bernie Sanders dropped his marijuana legalization plan at 4:20
Alexandra Samuels is a political reporter at the Texas Tribune and contributor to the Daily Dot, where she started as an intern covering politics in the summer of 2016. She enjoys Marvel movies, baking, and reading murder-mystery novels.