- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Monday 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Monday 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Monday 11:46 AM
O.J. Simpson joined Twitter on Friday, and he’s had plenty to say since then, including about his sex life in the 1990s.
That statement apparently was in response to Norman Pardo, who claimed to be Simpson’s former manager and who told Page Six last month that Simpson and Jenner had a one-night stand in the early 1990s that damaged both of their marriages.
Bizarrely, Simpson announced his presence on Twitter on Friday night, and many commenters have become disgusted that the man infamously accused and acquitted of murdering his ex-wife and her friend 25 years ago has become a social media star.
That hasn’t stopped Simpson from compiling more than 640,000 Twitter followers in a three-day span, and many of them are relitigating the 1995 Simpson murder trial that drew the attention of the nation after Simpson’s ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ronald Goldman were stabbed to death.
Simpson isn’t talking about their deaths or his murder trial. Instead, Simpson, who recently served nine years in prison for kidnapping and armed robbery, is talking about sexual relationships.
Here was his first tweet on Friday.
Coming Soon!!! pic.twitter.com/R1tXOuuLgO— O.J. Simpson (@TheRealOJ32) June 15, 2019
Since then, Simpson has uploaded two Twitter videos in which he said he’s excited to “challenge that BS” and “set the record straight” about people who have said whatever they’ve wanted about him with “no accountability.”
Thanks to all my new followers. Love learning how to use Twitter. pic.twitter.com/J4JnN59yKl— O.J. Simpson (@TheRealOJ32) June 16, 2019
In a second video posted on Sunday, Simpson talked about his relationship with Robert Kardashian (one of his lawyers during the 1995 murder trial); Jenner; and Khloe Kardashian, who was born in 1984.
“Bob Kardashian, he was like a brother to me. He was a great guy,” Simpson said. “He met and married Kris, and they really had a terrific time together when they were together. Unfortunately, that ended. But never, and I want to stress never in any way shape or form, had I ever had any interest in Kris, romantically or sexually. I never got any indication that she had any interest in me. All of these stories are bogus, bad, tasteless. … The simple facts of the matter is that [Khloe] is not mine.”
Last month, Pardo told Page Six that Simpson had bragged to him about having sex with Jenner in a hot tub when Simpson, Nicole Brown Simpson, Jenner, and Robert Kardashian were on vacation together.
Pardo said, “O.J. said he stood up, pulled his shorts down and … he said, ‘Her eyes bugged out of her head and I fucked that B until I broke her.’”
As of this writing, Simpson’s three Twitter videos have received more than 19 million views, nearly 56,000 retweets, and 240,000 likes.
As Simpson said in his first Twitter post, “I’ve got a little getting even to do.” Apparently, that includes discussing his sexual history from nearly 30 years ago.
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion
- These archivists are posting the entire O.J. Simpson trial to YouTube
- 10-year-old breaks down flawed criminal justice system using ‘The People v. O.J. Simpson’
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.