- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
Tyler “Ninja” Blevins struggled to make a sandwich on the latest episode of Back to Back Chef, leaving fans perplexed.
On each episode of the YouTube original, a professional chef challenges an amateur cook to recreate a meal with no visual aid and only verbal instruction.
Ninja was tasked with making a simple bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich following directions from Bon Appétit chef Carla Lalli Music.
Ninja’s biggest challenge was using a knife. His lack of skill showed early in the competition when he was confused by how to cut slices of bread from a whole loaf. Making matters worse, he claimed to have had three years of restaurant “cooking” experience.
Lalli Music became exasperated by trying to explain the bread slicing process and all of Twitter shared her pain.
“Carla from Bon Appetit trying to figure out how to walk Ninja through merely *slicing bread* is the greatest thing I may have witnessed this year,” Twitter user @llyonMTG wrote, along with a meme-worthy snapshot of the moment.
Carla from Bon Appetit trying to figure out how to walk Ninja through merely *slicing bread* is the greatest thing I may have witnessed this year. pic.twitter.com/9i1EbJhvYb— Peter "Despacito" Griffield (@IlyonMTG) December 10, 2019
Some fans even lost a bit of respect for the 28-year-old video gaming guru.
“I uhhh am watching Ninja for the first time, only because he’s on Bon Appetit. I’ve never seen someone so inept at cooking, or wanted someone to shut up so badly,” Twitter user @hacksawjenny wrote.
I uhhhh am watching Ninja for the first time ever, only because he's on Bon Appetit. I've never seen someone so inept at cooking, or wanted someone to shut up so badly.— 🔪 Jenny 🔪 (@hacksawjenny) December 11, 2019
i just watched 28 year old tyler "ninja" blevins struggle to figure out how to cut two slices of bread out of a loaf pic.twitter.com/4TJm1BOR6o— rob (@itsroblaw) December 10, 2019
Eventually, Ninja was able to awkwardly cut two misshapen slices of bread, but unfortunately, the embarrassment continued when he was then asked to cut an avocado.
He went on to slice the avocado straight down the middle and through the pit several times.
“I would serve these avocado slices in a salad,” he says after scooping the avocado out instead of peeling as instructed.
Despite his many mishaps, the sandwich was eventually complete, and the finished product looked surprisingly edible.
- Ninja is ‘disgusted’ with Twitch after it uses his old page to promote porn
- Ninja is leaving Twitch for Mixer, Microsoft’s streaming platform
- A whole lot of people sure have ‘controversial food opinions’
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.