- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? 8 Months Ago
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game 8 Months Ago
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
Netflix is experimenting with a new pop-out player that would allow viewers to continue watching their show or movie while opening other windows or applications.
According to Engadget, Netflix has rolled the feature out to some subscribers, and the icon for the player is located at the bottom of the screen. Users can reportedly resize the floating screen, though subtitles don’t currently work on the player. Right now it appears this is for desktop only, though it would be interesting to see how a pop-out player for mobile would work. (The following screenshot comes from Engadget, as the Daily Dot does not currently have access to this feature.)
Netflix says it’s “only a test” right now. It’s not clear when it started testing the feature, though some subscribers were talking about it earlier this month.
PSA!!!!! NETFLIX FINALLY HAS A POP-OUT MEDIA PLAYER!!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/87wMYyoNic— Jerard (@TomAndJerard) June 8, 2019
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.