- QAnon-touting congressman sneaks ‘Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself’ into tweets Wednesday 7:12 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez met a famous drag queen–and the right melted down Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her Wednesday 5:18 PM
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Wednesday 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Wednesday 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Wednesday 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Wednesday 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Wednesday 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Wednesday 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Wednesday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Wednesday 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Wednesday 11:39 AM
When she heard a fan of hers had died, rapper Megan Thee Stallion stunned Twitter with her generosity.
A Twitter user recently contacted Megan and stated that their cousin had been killed shortly after attending her concert. The Houston star promptly donated $1,200 to a GoFundMe for the burial service. Another self-proclaimed fan, Twitter user @nicksawaboy, posted screenshots of the touching exchange Tuesday.
Will delete, but just wanted to show how amazing this woman is. 💓 pic.twitter.com/LNWddO7UyC— Nick (@nicksawaboy) May 28, 2019
The fan’s name was Cyril Carlton Briscoe, according to the GoFundMe page. Megan offered her condolences to his family and friends before the page even went live. She responded to a tweet from the cousin, @GinaTheSavage, and said, “I am so sorry…His energy was amazing when we met.”
Screenshots from a second Twitter message exchange show Megan sending $1,200 to the campaign barely five minutes after it was created, and she promised to donate more if they fail to raise sufficient funds. Briscoe’s family is hoping to raise $15,000 towards burial services cost, according to the page.
If fans weren’t already stanning Stallion after her first full-length album, Fever, dropped earlier this month, many definitely are now.
What an icon!!!!— ˗ˏˋ iZZy ˎˊ˗ (@izzygazette) May 28, 2019
This was so sweet of her! Prayers to this guy who lost his life smh 🙏🏽— LC (@iLoLove_) May 28, 2019
that’s real shit.🤞🏽 pic.twitter.com/uyHn91NGHc— Tameka R. (@iStan_Nic) May 28, 2019
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.