- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature 4 Months Ago
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you 4 Months Ago
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13 Today 11:41 AM
- Students across the world are walking out to protest inaction on climate change Today 11:08 AM
- YouTubers are exploiting Area 51 mania for content Today 10:29 AM
- Veterans confront Dan Crenshaw over his support for Trump Today 10:29 AM
- Google Maps may soon come with an Incognito Mode Today 10:13 AM
- Right-wing Beto O’Rourke ‘pissy pants’ meme actually features indie rock star Today 10:11 AM
When she heard a fan of hers had died, rapper Megan Thee Stallion stunned Twitter with her generosity.
A Twitter user recently contacted Megan and stated that their cousin had been killed shortly after attending her concert. The Houston star promptly donated $1,200 to a GoFundMe for the burial service. Another self-proclaimed fan, Twitter user @nicksawaboy, posted screenshots of the touching exchange Tuesday.
Will delete, but just wanted to show how amazing this woman is. 💓 pic.twitter.com/LNWddO7UyC— Nick (@nicksawaboy) May 28, 2019
The fan’s name was Cyril Carlton Briscoe, according to the GoFundMe page. Megan offered her condolences to his family and friends before the page even went live. She responded to a tweet from the cousin, @GinaTheSavage, and said, “I am so sorry…His energy was amazing when we met.”
Screenshots from a second Twitter message exchange show Megan sending $1,200 to the campaign barely five minutes after it was created, and she promised to donate more if they fail to raise sufficient funds. Briscoe’s family is hoping to raise $15,000 towards burial services cost, according to the page.
If fans weren’t already stanning Stallion after her first full-length album, Fever, dropped earlier this month, many definitely are now.
What an icon!!!!— ˗ˏˋ iZZy ˎˊ˗ (@izzygazette) May 28, 2019
This was so sweet of her! Prayers to this guy who lost his life smh 🙏🏽— LC (@iLoLove_) May 28, 2019
that’s real shit.🤞🏽 pic.twitter.com/uyHn91NGHc— Tameka R. (@iStan_Nic) May 28, 2019
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.