- Maine governor signs net neutrality bill into law 4 Weeks Ago
- How the QAnon movement continues without its messenger Today 8:26 AM
- 6 best Korean beauty products for summer Today 8:17 AM
- ‘The Office’ is leaving Netflix in 2021 Today 7:46 AM
- How to install the iOS 13 beta and test out its best new features Today 7:42 AM
- Swipe This! I want my boyfriend to text me everyday. Is that crazy? Today 7:30 AM
- Why every 2020 Democrat is canceled Today 7:01 AM
- The best LGBTQ movies and series on Amazon Prime Today 7:00 AM
- The easiest way to stream all the soccer you can handle Today 6:00 AM
- Facebook refused to take down this blackface page for 4 months Today 5:30 AM
- Tom Holland rescues fan getting squashed by autograph hounds Tuesday 7:14 PM
- What is incel ‘Chadfishing’? Tuesday 6:36 PM
- Facebook to give France data on users suspected of hate speech Tuesday 5:29 PM
- This 89-year-old man is stunned by all the technology around him—in 1930 Tuesday 5:21 PM
- Wayfair refuses to stop furnishing migrant detention centers Tuesday 4:48 PM
Twitter’s stanning even harder now.
When she heard a fan of hers had died, rapper Megan Thee Stallion stunned Twitter with her generosity.
A Twitter user recently contacted Megan and stated that their cousin had been killed shortly after attending her concert. The Houston star promptly donated $1,200 to a GoFundMe for the burial service. Another self-proclaimed fan, Twitter user @nicksawaboy, posted screenshots of the touching exchange Tuesday.
Will delete, but just wanted to show how amazing this woman is. 💓 pic.twitter.com/LNWddO7UyC
— Nick (@nicksawaboy) May 28, 2019
The fan’s name was Cyril Carlton Briscoe, according to the GoFundMe page. Megan offered her condolences to his family and friends before the page even went live. She responded to a tweet from the cousin, @GinaTheSavage, and said, “I am so sorry…His energy was amazing when we met.”
Screenshots from a second Twitter message exchange show Megan sending $1,200 to the campaign barely five minutes after it was created, and she promised to donate more if they fail to raise sufficient funds. Briscoe’s family is hoping to raise $15,000 towards burial services cost, according to the page.
If fans weren’t already stanning Stallion after her first full-length album, Fever, dropped earlier this month, many definitely are now.
What an icon!!!!
— ˗ˏˋ iZZy ˎˊ˗ (@izzygazette) May 28, 2019
This was so sweet of her! Prayers to this guy who lost his life smh 🙏🏽
— LC (@iLoLove_) May 28, 2019
that’s real shit.🤞🏽 pic.twitter.com/uyHn91NGHc
— Tameka R. (@iStan_Nic) May 28, 2019
Alyse Stanley is a video game and culture reporter based in Virginia with words at Polygon and USGamer. When she’s not writing about memes, she edits Unwinnable’s monthly magazine. You can follow her on Twitter @pithyalyse.