- Black conservative activist made #IceBae a thing Today 9:53 AM
- Jeffrey Epstein’s pilot deletes Instagram after Kellyanne Conway pic surfaces Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Pennyworth’ is a deliriously strange addition to the Batman franchise Today 7:30 AM
- How to read free magazines with your Amazon Prime membership Today 7:00 AM
- 2020 celeb donations: Hanks loves Biden, Stamos stans Buttigieg Today 6:30 AM
- AirTV is essential for Sling TV subscribers Today 6:00 AM
- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
He said it’s going to a good cause.
Logan Paul has been heavily criticized for trying to monetize the death of his dog. Now, he’s selling a pillow of his beloved pet for $35. But this time, he’s trying to stem off the criticism by saying that all proceeds will go to a local animal shelter.
Paul showed the pillow on Instagram on Monday and said all the money that’s made would to go to the West Valley Animal Shelter “to help raise money & awareness about coyotes and keep the people & pets of Los Angeles safe.”
View this post on Instagram
young doggie may no longer be on this planet, but we’ve preserved his legacy in this exclusive, world class @KongDaSavage pillow, now available. ALL proceeds go to the West Valley Animal Shelter (@friendsofwestvalley) to help raise money & awareness about coyotes and keep the people & pets of Los Angeles safe. they took my son... but at least i have this pillow, it’s good at absorbing tears. link in bio
A post shared by Logan Paul (@loganpaul) on
Paul’s dog, a Pomeranian named Kong, was killed by coyotes last month, and even Paul’s most bitter online rivals paid their respects on social media. But emotions turned on Paul when some accused him of trying to make money off Kong’s violent end—there were ads on his initial video about how Kong died and he publicly contemplated making a diss track on coyotes (that also most likely would be filled with ads).
As one Twitter user wrote, “Milking this whole situation… funny how people thought you changed.”
But it sounds like Paul is trying to raise awareness on the danger of coyotes to your household pets. In the website description of the pillow, it reads “We are going to build a Kong Da Savage Coyote Awareness Program for Encino and L.A. residents, and it all starts with the wonderful people in West Valley and L.A. Animal Services.”
Oh, and others haven’t forgotten about the dead body he filmed for his vlog at the beginning of 2018.
He’s doing it again. Using dead souls for the views. Good job mate.— Ayush Rawat (@ayushr99) April 13, 2019
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.