- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
- ‘Save Yourselves!’ is a charming and humorous take on the alien invasion movie Tuesday 11:53 AM
Logan Paul has been heavily criticized for trying to monetize the death of his dog. Now, he’s selling a pillow of his beloved pet for $35. But this time, he’s trying to stem off the criticism by saying that all proceeds will go to a local animal shelter.
Paul showed the pillow on Instagram on Monday and said all the money that’s made would to go to the West Valley Animal Shelter “to help raise money & awareness about coyotes and keep the people & pets of Los Angeles safe.”
View this post on Instagram
young doggie may no longer be on this planet, but we’ve preserved his legacy in this exclusive, world class @KongDaSavage pillow, now available. ALL proceeds go to the West Valley Animal Shelter (@friendsofwestvalley) to help raise money & awareness about coyotes and keep the people & pets of Los Angeles safe. they took my son... but at least i have this pillow, it’s good at absorbing tears. link in bio
A post shared by Logan Paul (@loganpaul) on
Paul’s dog, a Pomeranian named Kong, was killed by coyotes last month, and even Paul’s most bitter online rivals paid their respects on social media. But emotions turned on Paul when some accused him of trying to make money off Kong’s violent end—there were ads on his initial video about how Kong died and he publicly contemplated making a diss track on coyotes (that also most likely would be filled with ads).
As one Twitter user wrote, “Milking this whole situation… funny how people thought you changed.”
But it sounds like Paul is trying to raise awareness on the danger of coyotes to your household pets. In the website description of the pillow, it reads “We are going to build a Kong Da Savage Coyote Awareness Program for Encino and L.A. residents, and it all starts with the wonderful people in West Valley and L.A. Animal Services.”
Oh, and others haven’t forgotten about the dead body he filmed for his vlog at the beginning of 2018.
He’s doing it again. Using dead souls for the views. Good job mate.— Ayush Rawat (@ayushr99) April 13, 2019
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.