- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
- How to stream Jaguars vs. Bengals in Week 7 Sunday 4:00 AM
Kylie Jenner’s Instagram may be brimming with stunningly beautiful pictures featuring her bombshell body, flawless makeup, and sweet baby girl, but a new message to fans reveals that things aren’t always as perfect as they seem in the digital world.
In an Instagram post, now liked by more than a million users, Jenner opened up about the struggles of living a public life since childhood and bravely discussed mental health issues. The reality star turned business mogul wrote that she has struggled with anxiety from living such a public life since childhood–and even got a tattoo of the word “sanity.”
View this post on Instagram
I’m proud of myself, my heart, and my strength. growing up in the light with a million eyes on you just isn’t normal. I’ve lost friends along the way and I’ve lost myself too sometimes. my first tattoo was “sanity” to remind myself everyday to keep it. I’ve struggled with anxiety my whole young adult life and after my baby i dealt with all the internal ups and downs. I felt like i had to find myself completely again. I keep a whole lot to myself but just wanted to share and let you know I’m human. my life is not perfect and what you see here on social media is just the surface. be gentle with yourself, move on, and let go. we are all capable of great things, worthy of love, and allowed to express ourselves. do more of what makes you happy and be unapologetic. now is your season ✨ we all have a magnificent destiny.
A post shared by Kylie (@kyliejenner) on
“Growing up in the light with a million eyes on you just isn’t normal,” she explained. “My first tattoo was ‘sanity’ to remind myself every day to keep it.”
Even though the message was delivered alongside a photo of another perfectly captured moment at sunset in front of a gorgeous ocean, Jenner’s candidness was refreshing to her fans. Thousands responded with messages of support, including her sister.
“I’m proud of you, let it out,” Kourtney Kardashian commented.
Jenner ended her post with the reminder that everyone is unique and should strive to live their best life.
“We are all capable of great things, worthy of love, and allowed to express ourselves,” she wrote. “Do more of what makes you happy and be unapologetic.”
You don’t have to be a fan of the celebrity to benefit from that great advice.
- Makeup artist shows you how to become Kylie Jenner’s baby
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon
- This toxic dump is the latest social media craze
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.