- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges 1 Month Ago
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Today 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action Today 11:26 AM
Kylie Jenner’s Instagram may be brimming with stunningly beautiful pictures featuring her bombshell body, flawless makeup, and sweet baby girl, but a new message to fans reveals that things aren’t always as perfect as they seem in the digital world.
In an Instagram post, now liked by more than a million users, Jenner opened up about the struggles of living a public life since childhood and bravely discussed mental health issues. The reality star turned business mogul wrote that she has struggled with anxiety from living such a public life since childhood–and even got a tattoo of the word “sanity.”
View this post on Instagram
I’m proud of myself, my heart, and my strength. growing up in the light with a million eyes on you just isn’t normal. I’ve lost friends along the way and I’ve lost myself too sometimes. my first tattoo was “sanity” to remind myself everyday to keep it. I’ve struggled with anxiety my whole young adult life and after my baby i dealt with all the internal ups and downs. I felt like i had to find myself completely again. I keep a whole lot to myself but just wanted to share and let you know I’m human. my life is not perfect and what you see here on social media is just the surface. be gentle with yourself, move on, and let go. we are all capable of great things, worthy of love, and allowed to express ourselves. do more of what makes you happy and be unapologetic. now is your season ✨ we all have a magnificent destiny.
A post shared by Kylie (@kyliejenner) on
“Growing up in the light with a million eyes on you just isn’t normal,” she explained. “My first tattoo was ‘sanity’ to remind myself every day to keep it.”
Even though the message was delivered alongside a photo of another perfectly captured moment at sunset in front of a gorgeous ocean, Jenner’s candidness was refreshing to her fans. Thousands responded with messages of support, including her sister.
“I’m proud of you, let it out,” Kourtney Kardashian commented.
Jenner ended her post with the reminder that everyone is unique and should strive to live their best life.
“We are all capable of great things, worthy of love, and allowed to express ourselves,” she wrote. “Do more of what makes you happy and be unapologetic.”
You don’t have to be a fan of the celebrity to benefit from that great advice.
- Makeup artist shows you how to become Kylie Jenner’s baby
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon
- This toxic dump is the latest social media craze
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.