- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump 2 Years Ago
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Today 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
‘Daily Show’ breakout star Jordan Klepper will follow Trevor Noah on Comedy Central
Comedy Central announced Tuesday that Daily Show correspondent Jordan Klepper will follow Trevor Noah at 11:30pm ET with a new late-night series that will launch sometime in the fall. The untitled show is in early development and will “look to embrace and define the chaos of our country by channeling Klepper’s steadfast attitude that institutions are to be trusted less than the lies of the mainstream media” and feature a “hand-picked team of contributors.”
“Jordan’s talent has become so increasingly obvious it would take a real fool to not offer him this opportunity,” Comedy Central President Kent Alterman said in a press release.
Klepper, who joined The Daily Show in 2014 and is the most senior correspondent currently on the show, has become known for his segments talking to Trump supporters at his rallies during and after the 2016 election; he even stepped in to host The Daily Show after Noah had an emergency appendectomy last year.
It’s unclear whether it’ll collide with The President Show, Comedy Central’s newly announced weekly late-night program starring President Trump impersonator Anthony Atamanuik that’s starting at the end of April.
“The choice to entrust me with the 11:30 p.m. timeslot is both incredibly humbling and deeply disturbing,” Klepper said in a press release. “Without a doubt, it has utterly destroyed my confidence in Comedy Central’s decision making acumen. Dear God, now I have to work with these fools.”
Klepper is far from the only Daily Show correspondent to have a spinoff series, with Stephen Colbert, John Oliver, and Samantha Bee all thriving after leaving the show under Jon Stewart. But while Klepper is one of the highlights on the current Daily Show, those hoping that someone who wasn’t a white man would follow Wilmore in that 11:30pm timeslot will likely be disappointed.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.