- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
This article contains autoplay video.
Politicians, pundits, reporters, and the rest of us have tried to make sense of Donald Trump for months now. He’s openly xenophobic in his speeches, tweets support from neo-Nazis and white supremacists, says he would bring back waterboarding, and insulted Sen. John McCain over his military service. His comments would doom anyone else’s campaign.
But as Daily Show correspondent Jordan Klepper points out, maybe it’s because we’re not viewing him in the right context. It doesn’t make sense through a normal lens, but when you consider Trump as the ringleader of an actual circus? Now you’re talking.
After finding out what constitutes the “greatest show on Earth” from someone in a real circus, Klepper goes deep into a Trump rally in New Hampshire (the one where he referred to Ted Cruz as a “pussy”) to witness the show. And what a show it is, right from the opening brags, as Trump mocks the gathered media and deploys the surefire tactics he uses whenever he starts to lose people.
Circus or not, of course, his proposed policies are still terrifying to many people.
Screengrab via The Daily Show
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.