- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming 2 Years Ago
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
- Paul Rudd acts his tail off in Netflix’s ‘Living With Yourself’ Today 8:15 AM
- Amazon’s ‘Modern Love’ adaptation feels like an ad for love Today 7:00 AM
- Paul Dano will play the Riddler in ‘The Batman’ Today 6:59 AM
- How Fakku pulled classic dating game True Love ’95 out of licensing hell Today 6:00 AM
- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
Sunday night’s awards apparently weren’t his cup of tea, and he thinks the problem may be that “we don’t have Stars anymore – except your President (just kidding, of course)!”
Lowest rated Oscars in HISTORY. Problem is, we don’t have Stars anymore - except your President (just kidding, of course)!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 6, 2018
He also pointed out that Sundays festivities were the lowest-rated Oscars “in HISTORY.” Nielsen only started tracking Oscars viewership numbers in 1974, so technically it was the lowest-rated Oscars in 44 years, but Twitter got the gist.
Several hours later, Jimmy Kimmel—who pulled off the double-feat of hosting the first Oscars since #TimesUp, which just so happened to be the ceremony’s 90th anniversary, without a single meme-ified gaffe—fired back with a burn of his own.
Thanks, lowest rated President in HISTORY. https://t.co/E01UgDaZ3T— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) March 6, 2018
“Thanks, lowest rated President in HISTORY,” the comedian replied, referring to Trump’s approval ratings at the end of his first year being lower than any other president’s in U.S. history.
Kimmel hasn’t shied away from criticizing Trump since he took office last year. Most recently, he took the president to task for his stance on gun reform in the days following Florida’s Parkland shooting.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.